× Requests and support related to jBackend.

Purchasing subscription

• agonzalez
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #6773 by agonzalez
Purchasing subscription was created by agonzalez
Hi, is there a way to give jBackend 3.8 a try before purchasing it?
The community edition doesn't have any of the features we need to test.

I'd like to check the following aspects I couldn't find any info of in the documentation:
- when the user logs in (through the jbackend api)... the next services yo call (ie. register push device token) come along with cookie based authentication or you need to pass the session_id somehow?
- when the push token from the device is registered, does jbackend assigns the user to the device?
- can a user have multiple devices assigned?
- what happens if the same device if used by multiple users? (dos jbackend update the relation device-user?)
- how to set up a scheduled job to call the push scheduler?
- is there a way from the device to get all notifications sent to it? can they be filtered by state?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #6774 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Purchasing subscription
Hi,
you can do this with our public sandbox site. Just download the postman collection from here:

www.selfget.com/downloads/file/41-jbackapp-postman-collection.html

Here you can find a detailed documentation:

www.selfget.com/documentation/jbackend-joomla30.html

And those are the answers to your questions:

- when the user logs in (through the jbackend api)... the next services yo call (ie. register push device token) come along with cookie based authentication or you need to pass the session_id somehow?

With jBackend Community you can only use the cookie based session, with the payed version there is the session id support included.

- when the push token from the device is registered, does jbackend assigns the user to the device?

Yes, but you need to include the user id in the register device call (see api specs).

- can a user have multiple devices assigned?

Yes, the table item is the device, the user is only an attribute.

- what happens if the same device if used by multiple users? (dos jbackend update the relation device-user?)

You can update the row (i.e. the device). Different rows are different devices.

- how to set up a scheduled job to call the push scheduler?

You can create a crontab entry in your server (if you have one) or use any online service (search for "online crontab").

- is there a way from the device to get all notifications sent to it? can they be filtered by state?

Not clear, but check api specs, you can target push messages for specific users or for specific devices.

Kind regards,
Luigi
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by admin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: agonzalez

• agonzalez
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #6775 by agonzalez
Replied by agonzalez on topic Purchasing subscription
Hi again,
thanks for your quick response.
I tried to create a user through the API using support4joomla environment, with no luck (never got the confirmation email). So I couldn't go further with any test, also I'd like to check the module configuration from the joomla admin which seems not being possible.

Anyway, with your replies I think we can take advantage of this module. At least as a starting point for our purpose.

Just need to clarify my last 2 questions:
- I assume we need to set up a scheduled job that calls "Push / Scheduler" API end point. Is that correct?
- When you send a notification, the jbackend push module connects to APNS and/or GCM and send it to the devices matching the user/groups. Also I assume jbackend creates an entity "notification" in the database. If that is so, is there an endpoint in the API to get those notification entities from the datase with some kind of filter (user/group)?

Best rgds
Alberto

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #6776 by admin
Hi Alberto,
if you send me a PM at info(at)selfget.com I can create an account for you.

- I assume we need to set up a scheduled job that calls "Push / Scheduler" API end point. Is that correct?

Correct.

- When you send a notification, the jbackend push module connects to APNS and/or GCM and send it to the devices matching the user/groups. Also I assume jbackend creates an entity "notification" in the database. If that is so, is there an endpoint in the API to get those notification entities from the datase with some kind of filter (user/group)?

Your assumption is correct. There is a table for notifications and also a table for "logging". But ATM there is no API exposed to read from those tables. But it would be really easy to implement a couple of functions to read those data.

Kind regards,
Luigi
The following user(s) said Thank You: agonzalez

• agonzalez
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #6777 by agonzalez
Replied by agonzalez on topic Purchasing subscription
Hi Luigi,

We've just purchased the subscription (with the corporate account: inventia), and we've just addressed some problems with the user module:

- Having the "session id" option enabled, the cookie based authentication still works.
- Don't know how to pass the session_id parameter to other service endpoints ie "user profile" ({{basepath}}/index.php?option=com_jbackend&action=get&module=user&resource=profile)
- login using JSON not working ({{basepath}}/index.php?option=com_jbackend&action=post&module=user&resource=login) + JSON body

Can you please point what we are missing?
* we can't use url rewriting in our environment

thank you!

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #6778 by admin
Hi again and thanks for the subscription.

- Having the "session id" option enabled, the cookie based authentication still works.

Of course, this is the way Joomla works. If you don't want it, just do no pass the session cookie in the request (it's up to the client).

- Don't know how to pass the session_id parameter to other service endpoints ie "user profile" ({{basepath}}/index.php?option=com_jbackend&action=get&module=user&resource=profile)

Here you can find this information:

www.selfget.com/documentation/jbackend-joomla30/user-module-api.html

When enabled it overrides cookie based session with session_id parameter. This is useful when it is not possible to rely on cookie based session. This parameter can be passed as GET/POST param or as JSON field when JSON payload is enabled for the current request.

So just add the session_id variable to your request.

- login using JSON not working ({{basepath}}/index.php?option=com_jbackend&action=post&module=user&resource=login) + JSON body

You must enable the JSON support in the jBackend user plugin. Please create an endpoint and use it, instead or rely on the default component URL.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds