× Requests and support related to jBackend.

Socket Error # 10061 Connection refused

• Bharat.Patel
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 day ago #6117 by Bharat.Patel
Socket Error # 10061 Connection refused was created by Bharat.Patel
We have experienced a couple of socket errors during Registration, and then Registration fails. i.e. system works seamlessly for most installations but fails in a couple of instances where the networks are centrally managed networks.

Spoken to network admins, all access rights are ok; can ping the sites and pages; JSON can be reached directly thro browser, so everything seems to works as it should BUT when the software tries to connect, you get the connection refused error.
Once we setup the registrations manually (on web site + software) everything works fine. So effectively, this only happens at registration when trying to connect with jBackend.

Anyone come across this issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 22 hours ago #6120 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Socket Error # 10061 Connection refused
Never experienced something similar. But you could try to use Postman collection to play with requests manually, so you can see requests and responses. You can find it here:

www.selfget.com/downloads/file/41-jbackapp-postman-collection.html

• Bharat.Patel
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #6133 by Bharat.Patel
Replied by Bharat.Patel on topic Socket Error # 10061 Connection refused
The issue is at user end so not practical to access their machine to play with things.
As I said, tests show JSON can be reached by user thro normal browser, so I would expect Postman to be able to connect as well. Issue only seems to relate to jBackend not being able to connect.

More
6 years 11 months ago #6135 by admin
I undertand you, but these information are not enough to figure out what the problem could be. So you need to find an way to replicate the issue in a way or another.

• Bharat.Patel
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #6136 by Bharat.Patel
Replied by Bharat.Patel on topic Socket Error # 10061 Connection refused
Yes, I realise that. If I had direct access to the user's PC or able to replicate this or had more information, I would be closer to solving it myself, if not then I would have posted it here.

This is why I asked if anyone else has come across this issue, maybe someone else has seen this too, and we can all pool our experience.

More
6 years 11 months ago #6137 by admin
I understand, so let's see if someone can help you here.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds