× Requests and support related to jBackend.

Mandatory custom registration field

• darren.roberts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #5557 by darren.roberts
Mandatory custom registration field was created by darren.roberts
High,

Using Advanced User Manager to enforce a custom registration field which is mandatory. This registration field (membership number) is the unique key between the systems. I want to automatically onboard from our membership system using the Backend user module - register function.

I've set the fieldName in the RequiredFields and ExtendedFields on in the UserModule but still keep getting an error - invalid registration field when I call the REST API.

What settings or steps am I missing?

cheers

D
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by darren.roberts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #5558 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Mandatory custom registration field
Hi,
sorry but I need more information to help you with this issue, and I don't know what Advanced User Manager is. You should send me an email at info(at)selfget.com so we can schedule a chat session (user is selfget on skype) or a remote support session with Team Viewer.

Kind regards

• darren.roberts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #5559 by darren.roberts
Replied by darren.roberts on topic Mandatory custom registration field
Hi Admin,

Advanced user manager is a plugin for Joomla that allows the user profile to be extended with custom fields. I have opted to add a mandatory custom field "MembershipNumber" to the profile - this adds the additional text field into the registration form when signing up a new user.

I'd like to register the user automatically by doing an extract out of our membership system and using the Backend User/Register end point to register the user via script. The new field is called "MembershipNumber" and the Backend user plugin is configured with allow custom fields set to true.

If the additional field is made mandatory then I get the following error

{"status":"ko","error_code":"USR_IRF","error_description":"Invalid registration field"}

Happy to Skype with you or TeamViewer o explain in some more detail - please get back to me as to when would be convenient?

cheers

D

More
7 years 8 months ago #5560 by admin
Probably you just need to post the mandatory fields in the payload, but these usually must be added under a "key", so I need to install the plugin to check the key. I am available now but you must send me an email at info(at)selfget.com or add me on skype.
The following user(s) said Thank You: darren.roberts

• darren.roberts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #5567 by darren.roberts
Replied by darren.roberts on topic Mandatory custom registration field
With big help from Luigi, set JSON settings on and added the nested attribute to the JSON payload, and works a treat.

More
7 years 8 months ago #5571 by admin
Thanks for reporting.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds