× Requests and support related to jBackend.

Mandatory custom registration field

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #6084 by Bharat.Patel
Replied by Bharat.Patel on topic Mandatory custom registration field
I am having a similar problem with populating custom fields on registration.
The standard setup uses the firstname and lastname to populate the 'name' field in the users table, and works fine

I have set up 2 new fields FirstName and LastName in the DB, and 2 new Key fields in Postman to match these, but can't work out how to get Postman to populate these. Am I missing something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #6085 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Mandatory custom registration field
Hi,
the user plugin supports the extended user profile. You can find an example in the Postman collection available here:

www.selfget.com/downloads/file/41-jbackapp-postman-collection.html

This is the payload:
{
    "username": "user123",
    "password": "password123",
    "email": "user123@mail.com",
    "firstname": "First",
    "lastname": "Last",
    "profile": {
        "tos": 1
    }
}

The "profile" field contains all the fields added by the joomla extended user profile under this "domain". Of course this only works if you have followed the "joomla way" to extend user profiles (i.e. creating an user plugin).

Kind regards,
Luigi

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #6086 by Bharat.Patel
Ok. My site changes were through modified users.xml etc. so normal registration process works fine via front end and admin.
So although the jBackend post registration works for me, you are saying it will only work correctly with a plugin?

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #6087 by admin
Honestly I can't answer your question, because I have no experience with the way you did it. You can try to post your fields in the JSON payload, and see if it works.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #6088 by Bharat.Patel
I fully understand your solution using Profiles plugin, but that's not what I have done.

Let me rephrase that if that makes it easier.
I have edited the users table directly, so the new fields are in that table. I then modify the xml files so the registration process works seamlessly as if it was core Joomla.

My question is very simple: Can jBackend populate fields directly to ANY field in the users table, i.e. does it only recognise Joomla core fields or it doesn't care, it will also populate my new custom fields too.
If YES, then I should be able to do this, but my payload does not work for some reason (User gets registered BUT new field are just ignored)
If NO, then maybe I need to consider a custom solution/mod to jBackend

I hope that is a better explanation

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #6089 by admin
It can't. Fields are cleansed, mainly for security reasons. So your need to consider a custom solution.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds