× Here you can get community support related to Auto Group.

Changing user groups front end profile edit

• julier
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #496 by julier
Hi there, I've just bought this plugiin and inatalled it, all works perfect thank you.
One question though, which I'm not sure if this is community builder issue or Auto Group configuration.
Users on registration can choose to assign themseleves to a user group to then view on certain pages specific content targeted at them based on their user group. So I assign a module to be viewed by a specific user group with access settings. So I also would like the user to be able to change their user groups on the profile edit page of community builder. I created the fields and see them in the registration form and on profile edit. All ok so far.
The problem is when a user tries to change groups on the profile edit page, the groups updates in the back end I see, but not on the front end. In other words the modules still show from their last group change. It is fixed by going back in to edit profile and clicking on the update button a second time. This udates the settings from the last time. So, it's as if you would need to change user group settings in the edit profile page, click a 'save' button to upate the back end, and then 'Update' to refresh the front end display.
Perhaps I am doing something wrong here, please let me know it is all little odd.
Kind Regards
Julie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #497 by admin
Hi Julie,
let me explain. Auto Group intercepts three CB events:

onAfterUserRegistration
onAfterUpdateUser
onAfterUserUpdate

With my test these are "enough" to reassing groups after any user edit.

To check your problem, please, I need to know Joomla version and Community Builder version you are using, and finally, copy and paste here your plugin settings.

I will replicate this and let you know.

Kind regards,
Luigi
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by admin.

• julier
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #498 by julier
Replied by julier on topic Changing user groups front end profile edit
Hi Luigi,
Thanks for the explaination, that's very clear and I also see no reason why this shouldn't work.
Plugin settings firstly are:
cb_test;Join marketing group;Join marketing group;true
cb_test;Join store design group;Join store design group;true
So I start as not a member of either group, and by selecting one option I can join the group. It joins the group on the admin back end, but doesn't alter the front-end content.

Ideally I'd like to give the option to join one group or leave that same group on the same drop down or better still radio buttons. This was just to test the joining a group setting.

Joomla! version 2.5.8 is the current version
CB version: 1.9

Is this enough info? Please let me know if you need more.
Kind Regards
Julie

More
11 years 4 months ago #499 by admin
Ok,
now I have enough info to test your scenario. Meanwhile, when you say that the user profile changes in the backend but not on the front end. This suggest me an idea. The reason is Auto Group just changes the user groups after the CB triggers. So, if you are able to see new group on the backend, this should also work in the front end (is the same). Could you please, check if you have module cache enabled? To do this, you could just disable global Joomla cache and test again...

Kind regards,
Luigi

More
11 years 4 months ago #500 by admin
Hi Julie,
it seems to work well on my test env. SO, if you still have the problem, please, send me an email at info(at)selfget.com and I will check your site settings.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• julier
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #501 by julier
Replied by julier on topic Changing user groups front end profile edit
Wow fast response! Thank you!
I did already try the caching thing, as I also suspected it to be this, but it didn't help.
I've sent you an email for access to the site.

Many thanks again, most grateful.
Regards
Julie

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds