× Here you can get community support related to Auto Group.

Changing user groups front end profile edit

More
11 years 4 months ago #502 by admin
Hi Julie,
I'm checking the edit profile page. But how can I check if the Joomla group changes too? I can just see the CB field in my profile page. Which module should change?

If this is a test env and you trust me, you could enable a temporary backend access.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #507 by admin
Hi,
a brief summary for other forum users.

The problem was due to JAccess behavior, that caches ACL values to improve performances. So any changes to user group becomes visible only after logout and login.

To avoid this, just released a new version of Auto Group plugin (1.3) with an option to clear ACL cache after any changes.

Thanks to Julie for trust me (she provides me an useful backend access) and for her patience.

Kind regards,
Luigi
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by admin.

More
11 years 1 month ago #842 by mlilge
Replied by mlilge on topic Changing user groups front end profile edit
Hi Luigi,

I'm using AutoGroup v1.6 (CBv1.9, Joomlav2.5.9) and am still experiencing the same issue as Julie described.

First profile update at the frontend does not affect the modules shown. Only after the second profile save (this time w/o any changes to the profile) modules vanish / appear as they should.

Joomla cache is disabled, AutoGroup Clean ACL is enabled.

Any ideas?

Manfred

More
11 years 1 month ago #843 by admin
Hi Manfred,
I guess you have enabled auto approve features of user after registration.

I had a remote support session with an user and I was able to replicate the issue. This is what I found:

I found the issue. When a user register I use the event onAfterUserRegistration to add / remove Joomla groups. In your case, you set auto activation for user (no email confirm, no admin activation). So just after this event, CB enables the user and reset its groups. After this, it triggers another event onUserActive, so I just replace the event to attach to Auto Group.

I have not released this version yet cause I would like to change the way Auto Group manage checkboxes fields value. But I will send you new version by mail.

Kind regards,
Luigi

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #847 by mlilge
Replied by mlilge on topic Changing user groups front end profile edit
Hi Luigi,

v1.7 does not fix this issue either. Also you did not guess well, my members have to walk through the full registration process as I haven't activated the auto approval feature.

Registration is actually fine but when members try to change their settings via the frontend new group assignements do not have immediate effect but after having saved the unchanged profile a second time.

BR,
Manfred
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by mlilge.

More
11 years 1 month ago #850 by admin
Hi Manfred,
if the issue happens when an user change its profile, but the intial registration works, be sure to enable plugin option "Clear ACL", otherwise any changes will be visible to an user only logging off and on again.

If this is not the issue, you can send me a temp backend access or we can schedule a remote session, just send me a PM at info(at)selfget.com.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds