× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

Home page seen by Google index as multiple urls

• sedonagate
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 days ago #1058 by sedonagate
Hi, I don't know if my problem can be solved with ReDj or not.

Google is indexing any number of links representing our home page when they contain the number "10", the Joomla ID number of the article that makes up the home page. This is only happening on our home page because I'm using the regular Joomla article system for it, but for all other article pages I use K2.

So, right now, Google will index:

www.gatewaytosedona.com
and it will index this is as same home page:
www.gatewaytosedona.com/anythinghere/10
or it might be:
www.gatewaytosedona.com/anythinghere/lalalalala/10

As long as there's the number 10 by itself at the end of the url, it's all going to my home page.

If I try to block it in robots.txt, then it will block anything that starts with "10", for example, 102, 103, etc... any url with "10" is blocked, and I have some important articles I need indexed with these other numbers.

What do you suggest? Is there a way that ReDj can be used to fix this? If so, please tell me exactly where to put any code string that is suggested. I'm still learning how to do all this. Thanks very much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sedonagate
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 days ago #1059 by sedonagate
Replied by sedonagate on topic Home page seen by Google index as multiple urls
By the way, if there's no easy way to fix this, my other option is to change my home page to using the K2 article system also, but that will take me hours of editing the template for the home page. But that's my solution if there is no other easier way. Thanks for taking a look.

More
11 years 1 day ago #1061 by admin
Sorry,
to be sure, do yu need to redirect any URL that ends with /10 to the homepage? If so:
From URL: /10$
To URL: http://{siteurl}/
Request only: true (checked)

Kind regards,
Luigi

• sedonagate
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 day ago #1062 by sedonagate
I think that would be the best solution, but just so I understand...

Is this code for the htaccess file? OR, is there some place in ReDJ, in my Joomla admin, where I can enter this redirect code? I am not expert at all. Please advise me about where to put this code or how to implement it. Thank you!

More
10 years 11 months ago #1063 by admin
Hi,
sorry but I thought you have installed ReDJ. This is a ReDJ redirection rule, and you can add to ReDJ using the backend component interface. If you need help with initial setup, just advise.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• sedonagate
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #1067 by sedonagate
Hi Luigi, Yes, I have ReDJ installed. I used your solution and it works perfectly. I did not previously know about the use of the "$" for setting an end to a url in ReDJ, so that is a big help to know this. Thank you for your excellent support.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds