× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

multiple domain name, one website

• darkhoros
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 week ago #1026 by darkhoros
multiple domain name, one website was created by darkhoros
Hi,
I have a complex setup that I need to do so walk with me :)

I have website name domain.com

and I have another website called dominan02.com which home page is domain.com/domain02-homepage
so in the url I will be seeing domain02.com and using 200 redirect I see the content of domain.com/domain02-homepage while maintaing domain02.com in the URL box.

In my host plan I have added domain02.com as an alias to domain.com
And using ReDJ I managed to do the landing page of domain02.com as requested.

Now the trick is, please concentrate now, all the links (a tags href) in that landing page are using domain02.com as the host but I need to keep all the links in this page pointing back to domain.com.

I hope I have explained my self clearly.
How can I keep all the links in the home page of domain02.com which is a 200-redirect of (domain.com/domain02-homepage) pointing to domain.com and not the host in the url box of domain02.com

Thank you all for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #1031 by admin
Replied by admin on topic multiple domain name, one website
Hi,
when you say:

How can I keep all the links in the home page of domain02.com which is a 200-redirect of (domain.com/domain02-homepage) pointing to domain.com and not the host in the url box of domain02.com

I guess you know that ReDJ doesn't rewrite the URLs in the generated pages. So I guess that you need to redirect any URL here to the real URL under domain.com. But I'm not sure, so you should provide me a couple of examples of redirections you need (OLD URL -> NEW URL).

Thanks,
Luigi

• darkhoros
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 week ago #1033 by darkhoros
Replied by darkhoros on topic multiple domain name, one website
First of all I must appreciate your reply, now let me explain further.
In my hosting account I have maindomain.com and domain.com both opens my joomla website, but my domain.com opend a specific page lets say maindomain.com/certain-page.html do using redj I made a 200 redirect so when I type in the URL box in my browser domain.com it opens actully the page at
www.maindomain.com/certain-page.html while keeping the URL in the url box in my browser at domain.com and that is exactly what I need.

Now in this page at domain.com all the dynamicly generated link from joomla have the hostname set to domain.com while I like them to keep the original hostname which is maindomain.com so when I click on any link on this page it takes me to the maindomain.com but what happens is all the links takes me to domain.com/link

So there must be away to make the links independent from the hostname written in the url, as I will be having several domain names pointing to several landing pages in my website, while I need all the links in this landing pages to point me back to my maindomain.com

I hope I have explained my self clearly.

Thank you,

More
11 years 6 days ago #1036 by admin
Replied by admin on topic multiple domain name, one website
Now is clear,
never tried but you could try to do the internal redirect changing the destination domain to maindomain.com. Something like:
From URL: http://www\.domain\.com/$
To URL: http://www.maindomain.com/certain-page.html
Request only: FALSE
Redirect type: 200 (internal)

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds