× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

Is this possible to do ?

• jahbob
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #418 by jahbob
Is this possible to do ? was created by jahbob
Hello , what I need to do is this :

Im migrating one website to joomla, so im migrating in the joomla database the old articles ( from a private system)

So I need to redirect old ids of articles to the new ones but I need to know if is this possible to do with this extension, maybe it need to change something in the core, any advices are welcome.

Is like this :

Old url :
www.website.com/section/text.php?id=38000

new url :
www.website.com/section/id=10

So when he request old url, he will be redirect to the new one, based on a query to the database(mysql) to get the new ID of that article,this has to be automatic, cant be manual because are thousands of articles !

Sorry about my english, or if I wasnt clear just tell me.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #421 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Is this possible to do ?
Hi,
this will be possible with the new ReDJ version that will support placeholders like Tag Meta do. So, using placeholders you can build the destination step-by-step and also lookup tables with specific macros.

With the current ReDJ version placeholders are not supported yet, but if you have a lot of pages to redirect and cannot wait a little, I can build a custom macro for your needs.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• jahbob
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #423 by jahbob
Replied by jahbob on topic Is this possible to do ?
I need this for 1-2 weeks at max....but if you give me some directions I can try to make this macro.If you wanna create something similar that would be wonderfull.... pm me for more info.
What I tougth too was build a script on php to add one rule to each ID, but I dont know how your extension was build(And Honestly I dont have much time to study it() so I dont know if like 50 thousand rows would affect the extension perfomace...

More
11 years 5 months ago #425 by admin
New ReDJ version should be ready for the next week. It will support a tablelookup macro.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• jahbob
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #462 by jahbob
Replied by jahbob on topic Is this possible to do ?
So still no news of the new version man ?

More
11 years 4 months ago #464 by admin
Just working on new ReDJ in these days. I would like to release new version this week, but I need to test all changes, and I also would like to release a version for J3 too...

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds