× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

redirects after re-creating category

More
11 years 5 months ago #411 by mtoy
:(

This last weekend, in trying to follow the instructions of an SEO company, I deleted an entire category. I was eventually able to restore it with all the same aliases. However, my redirects for this category are no longer working.

For example,

Redirect from: www.destinationsbelize.com/honey_sail.htm should redirect to www.destinationsbelize.com/belize-vacation-packages/belize-honeymoon-anniversaries.html

Instead, honey_sail.htm redirects to my homepage - www.destinationsbelize.com

I tried deleting the old honey_sail.htm redirect, emptying the trash and then creating a new 301 redirect, but that doesn't work either.

Unfortunately, this has happened with every single link in the belize-vacation-packages category, which is a critical category in both my old site and my new site and I can't afford to lose the Google rankings for these pages.

Can someone please help - any and all advice gratefully appreciated!

Mary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #414 by admin
Replied by admin on topic redirects after re-creating category
Hi Mary, first don't be so sad, we always solve these problems... ;)

Redirect from: www.destinationsbelize.com/honey_sail.htm should redirect to www.destinationsbelize.com/belize-vacation-packages/belize-honeymoon-anniversaries.html

I just tried and it seems to work. Pls, check again, maybe you just haven't deleted cache.

Please, advise.
Luigi
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds