× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

Case is always sensitive IN RdDJ even when unchecked

• pintobuck
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #6268 by pintobuck
As a work around, I used the exact URL which I thought came from my old backlinks (which I needed to preserve).

And, I set ReDJ plugin to redirect all errors to my home page. That way, any minor variations to the FROM URL will go to my home page instead of to an Error 404 page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #6269 by admin
Let me check it...

More
6 years 7 months ago #6270 by admin
Just checked and it works even with ci collation. So in your case there must be a different rules that matches when you change the case.
To verify this, set "case sensitive" to true, and check the rule's hits counter when the request should not match (i.e. with lowercase f), the hits counter should NOT change. To check the rule applied, just sortfor "last visit" date and check the first one.
If you still have problems to identify the issue, contact me on Skype (user selfget) and we will schedule a remote support session.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• pintobuck
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #6275 by pintobuck

To verify this, set "case sensitive" to true, and check the rule's hits counter when the request should not match (i.e. with lowercase f), the hits counter should NOT change.

I tried this, and the hits counter did not change.

JSo in your case there must be a different rules that matches when you change the case.

As a test, I disabled all the other rules, but the problem remained. Also, I tried changed the letter case in a browser URL for some other ReDJ redirects, and sometimes it cased and error and sometimes it did not. Also, I tried reordering the redirects in ReDJ, but that did not fix the problem.

To check the rule applied, just sortfor "last visit" date and check the first one.

I tried this, with case sensitive checked, and with it unchecked. In both cases, the redirect that originally caused the problem remained at the top of the list.
I have to say that I'm impressed with the support that you are giving. I think I can live with the problem, now that I discovered ReDJ's feature that can redirect all errors to a chosen page (I chose the home page). However, I am very happy to accept your assistance if you think we should investigate it further.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by pintobuck.

More
6 years 7 months ago #6279 by admin
No problem.
Send me an email or contact me on Skype.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds