× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

Just want simple redirect

• coursepond
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #6152 by coursepond
Just want simple redirect was created by coursepond
I want to be able to give my prospects a simple url to follow which will redirect them to the appropriate help topic (eg. give them 'www.mysite.com\create-an-account' - which will redirect them to the 'www.mysite.com/index.php/getting-started-faq/create-an-account' help page)

I just purchased the enterprise version of ReDJ (yesterday).

I'm working on my sandbox site for joomla right now to test this out: hewittstation.info/cpsand

No matter what I try to redirect, I get a '404 page cannot be found' error.

My latest attempt was just to put in a test redirect as outlined on your site at: www.selfget.com/documentation/redj-joomla25/create-a-redirection-rule.html:

[img size=150 alt=ReDJ test screenshot]hewittstation.info\images\cp\ReDJ-test-screenshot.png[/img]

When I point my browser (firefox - after clearing the cache) at hewittstation.info/cpsand/test.html, I get a '404 page cannot be found' error.

I must be missing something very basic here.

Julie Clarke
CoursePond Inc.
604-414-7205
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #6154 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Just want simple redirect
Hi Julie,
and thaks for your subscription.

Your site is installed under a folder cpsand, so you should open the ReDJ plugin settings and put /cpsand as base path (under advanced settings). This way you can create rules as if the site was installed on the root folder.

Currently the rule just won't work for the presence of the caret (start with).

For any further question, you can send me an email at info(at)selfget.com if you prefer.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds