× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

New Feature Suggestions

• Geraint
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #113 by Geraint
New Feature Suggestions was created by Geraint
Hi - First of all thanks for such a helpful little addon.

I have a couple of feature suggestions that I think would be helpful:

1. In the list of errors have a link in each row to click and create a new redirect. It would only open the edit screen and pre-populate the src url and not save it. Easy to implement and a nice little extra for the enterprise verison?

2. Store and display the user agent for error messages - so that you can see if its a real user or a search engine crawler that is generating the error

Thanks

Geraint

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #114 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: New Feature Suggestions
Hi Geraint,
first thanks for subscription and also for tips. We like to receive yours suggestions, and I want to comment yours.

About the first suggestion, I already had some requirements like this. But there's a little problem I should solve first. ReDJ (and Tag Meta) rules are based on regular expressions. I lovi this because usually you can manage many URLs with a single rule (a regular expression can match many URLs). I could allow to create a rule for a single URL but I'm afraid that users start to abuse this function. FOr a point to point redirection there's the standard Joomla redirect component. In future I would like to add "type" for redirections. In this case I could support a type "single URL".

About the second suggestion, could you please be more detailed? I don't understand if you are talking of error trace, or custom error page, or what. Please, advise.

Thanks,
Luigi

• Geraint
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #115 by Geraint
Replied by Geraint on topic Re: New Feature Suggestions
1. My idea for the first redirection is that the regexp would normally be based on a pattern so the one click open of the edit item page would get you started on that.

2. When you see the on the list of errors (controller=errors) it would be good to see the user agent as well as the referrer. I know that this could be multiple but displaying the most recent user agent would be good so you can see what sort of user is getting the error. Does that make sense?

For example I'm getting lots of problems with ?fontsize=smaller type URL queries but I can't recreate this problem - the URLs always work fine for me when I use them. If I can figure out what sort of visitor is getting this error then I can make a better guess at an appropriate redirection.

Thanks

Geraint

More
11 years 10 months ago #116 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: New Feature Suggestions
Hi Geraint,
now all is clear.

The second point is now on top of the wish list and it will be added in the next release (I'm working on it).

The first point is also clear, but is not so easy to realize, because I should "guess" the right pattern from a single URL. Maybe you need a rule for a whole category, so? But I'm thinking about it. If you could provide more practical examples like for the second point I will be glad.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds