× Requests and support related to jBackend.

Validate a Joomla username from another website

• pipingdesigners
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #3749 by pipingdesigners
Validate a Joomla username from another website was created by pipingdesigners
Just wondering if anyone has a solution for the following:

I want to work with a partner website (not my own), that will give a discount on their product to users of my website.
I would like them, as part of their registration for the deal, to validate that the user is also a user on my site.

I could simply give them a file containing usernames that they could validate against, but with many users joining my site daily, and a user base of over 5000, I am looking for a solution whereby, once the username is entered on the partner site, and the 'validate username' button is pressed, that it looks ups the username field from my database, and sends back a yes/no or 1/0 type response.
If it's a yes, the registration may proceed.

I'm not looking for the solution on their end, just a solution for my end.

I want a method that they can have access to query the usernames field on my joomla database, and get a yes/no response.

Can jBackend do this easily?
I'd like to know there is an easy solution before buying this plugin.

(I'm not an SQL programmer, or anything like it, so please go easy on me!!)

Thanks,
Anton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #3752 by admin
Hi Anton,
if your site (the site were you need to expose the function that checks if an username exists) is a Joomla 2 or 3 site, with jBackend you could easily accomplish this, but not out-of-the-box.
You need a little (really simple to create) custom jBackend module (is a Joomla plugin) that exposes this function for you. Moreover, being the client another site (partner site), jBackend allows you to protect the server-to-server communication with a secret shared key.
So you just need to create this small custom plugin or hire a programmer to do this. It is really simple so it should be really cheap. If you want to hire me and need a quote just send me an email at info(at)selfget.com or contact me on skype (selfget) to chat.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds