× Requests and support related to jBackend.

Jbackend Security Concerns

• zeidanbm
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #3701 by zeidanbm
Jbackend Security Concerns was created by zeidanbm
I currently have latest jbackend on my joomla 3.3 website and using it for developing android application which will require to check the login details through json response. I'm looking into security concerns as the application will be easily downloaded by everyone and they can simply extract the code using some tools. Therefore the url used by jbackend rest api will be at there hands with the api key that i set through jbackend but still they need to guess the login unless they're doing MITM but still the passwords are hashed.

So my questions:
1) how do I disable all get request for login ONLY and just leave the post request functional
2) how can I block like a bruetforce attack as for example after 5 wrong tries of sending a login request through the rest url the ip will be blocked.
3) any other ideas that can make this more secure is welcome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #3702 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Jbackend Security Concerns
Hi,
the API keys to protect endpoints are mainly used for server-to-server communications, and are not suitable for clients (especially when code can be accessed).

But jBackend supports also "free" and "user" endpoints. The latter is the best solution to identify clients and prevent unauthorized requests.

www.selfget.com/documentation/jbackend-joomla30/initial-configuration.html

End-point usage is restricted to authenticated users only. To consume services the first call must be to login service. If the user can login to the site, then the same credentials are authorized to use the end-point.

Of course the login service (and the whole endpoint) should be exposed over HTTPS protocol.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Kind regards,
Luigi
The following user(s) said Thank You: zeidanbm

• zeidanbm
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #3703 by zeidanbm
Replied by zeidanbm on topic Jbackend Security Concerns
thanks for the quick reply... ill give that user option a try and read more about it.

More
9 years 1 month ago #3704 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Jbackend Security Concerns
Perfect,
let me know if you have more questions.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds