× Requests and support related to jBackend.

Using Joomla 3 (jbackend) and 3DIssue

• austenn01
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #3258 by austenn01
Using Joomla 3 (jbackend) and 3DIssue was created by austenn01
Hello,

I am wanting to use some emag software called 3Dissue www.3dissue.com

If you know anything about emag software, it is usually cloud based....but with cloud based there are lots of fees, usually there isnt an established API and its not what I am looking for.

I came across 3Dissue. 3Dissue is installed on a pc, we then covert a pdf of our magazine, and then we upload the files 3Dissue creates into a directory on our website: EG: www.example.com.au/emag

What I need to be able to do, is have the login feature of 3Dissue integrate with Joomla users...so that our customers have one login that will access both the joomla website AND 3Dissue.

I spoke to 3Dissue, and they sent me the attached word document explaining how we can integrate their login feature with a rest api.

Could you possible take a look and advise how best to use jBackend and 3Dissue?

Thanks so much

P.S. I have set up a test joomla installation that I can send you logins for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #3261 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Using Joomla 3 (jbackend) and 3DIssue
Hi,
I haven't found the attached word but your needs are clear. What you need is to authenticate users on 3Dissue. These external auths can be implemented with a custom plugin (I do not think these is already one available) or you could take a look at JFusion. But I do not think it is something related to jBackend.

jBackend allows to expose REST/JSON API on a Joomla site, so is a content producer, not a content consumer... even if its modules can consume content from everywhere, usually from (but not limited to) other Joomla extensions.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• austenn01
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #3265 by austenn01
Replied by austenn01 on topic Using Joomla 3 (jbackend) and 3DIssue
Hello,

Not sure why you didnt get the word doc, i uploaded it. If you had, the above message would be differemt.

Ill try and add it again (they say all i need is a rest api..more info in word doc)

EDIT..the issue was you dont allow the attachment of word doc's.

Ill convert to PDF..

Lets try this again..

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by austenn01.

More
9 years 6 months ago #3271 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Using Joomla 3 (jbackend) and 3DIssue
You are right, my response would be different, I didn't imagine they call you... :)

So jBackend could be a perfect solution but you should implement a simple module to manage their requests. It is really simple using the user module as basis and adding just little changes to satisfy their requirements.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds