× Requests and support related to jBackend.

No login but logged. Could not download the zip

• octaviobh
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #3054 by octaviobh
In two browsers, Firefox and Chrome, both updated, I could not download the 3.0 zip. Please see the attached image in order to verify that I am already logged ( up ) but a login is requested. Thanls in advance. Octavio.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #3058 by admin
Hi,
can you tell me what were you trying to download? From this forum section I guess you were trying to download jBackend. If so, consider that login is not enough, you need a valid subscription. If not, please, send me the link related to the download page.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• octaviobh
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #3065 by octaviobh
Replied by octaviobh on topic No login but logged. Could not download the zip
Well, here the link: www.selfget.com/downloads/category/9-jbackend.html but consider that there is not any suggestion of a needed fee. See the attached images. There are Premium Downloads, as seen in one of them, but in the other to direct link to jBackEnd there is none. A fee es needed? Perhaps you could say so earler in your site. Please answer me how could I download or if a fee is needed how to do it, because this is not a Premium Download in your site. Also, perhaps the text could be more sugestive instead of "login needed". Thanks in advance. Octavio.
Attachments:

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #3066 by admin
Sorry,
but if you look at the page content for your link you will see a list of items. Some items have this text in the description:

It requires a valid jBackend Subscription to download.

It seems clear enough, and clicking on the "jBackend Subscription" link you will get this page:

www.selfget.com/jbackend-subscription.html

With all information needed about fees.

Moreover, there is a dedicate product page:

www.selfget.com/products/jbackend.html

The other items without this "warning" are free to download. The "login required" is the message provided by the access control module.

Kind regards,
Luigi
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by admin.

• octaviobh
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #3067 by octaviobh
Replied by octaviobh on topic No login but logged. Could not download the zip
Well, what are the implications of "A one year valid jBackend Subscription."? It Means that this product needs to connect with SelfGet.com to operate or get services? Or that we customers can download new versions for one year?. Anyhitng else?. Please tell me about it. Thanls in advance. Octavio.

More
9 years 7 months ago #3068 by admin
Maybe this is a missing information, because this is the first "time limited" subs, I will add. Anyway, the code is licensed GPL and there's no "call home" function to mantain the software active. The one year subscription means the user can download any upgrade or related module for one year, but the extension can be installed and used forever.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds