× Requests and support related to jBackend.

oAuth?

• sirebral
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago #2795 by sirebral
oAuth? was created by sirebral
How likely will oAuth be implemented into jBackend? I don't feel comfortable writing a software that requires the username and password be sent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #2796 by admin
Replied by admin on topic oAuth?
Hi.
It could be interesting and I will check it. But the user should authenticate him on Joomla. You could expose the endpoint on https to secure credentials. What do you think? Can you describe a scenario with oauth?

Thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by admin.

• sirebral
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago #2797 by sirebral
Replied by sirebral on topic oAuth?
Any connection scenario is safer with the username and password obfuscated. I'm not a great PHP coder, but I can do a few things. I was looking at code.google.com/p/oauth/ The php code is MIT Licensed. It is a basic structure for an oAuth server and client end point.

I was thinking it would be nice to run the authentication through that, however the source is extremely basic and intended to be built on.

More
9 years 9 months ago #2804 by admin
I'm trying to add as many useful features as possible to jBackend, so I will take a look at this because I think it could be a good idea. What is not so clear to me (and this is why I asked you a scenario) is if you want to use oauth with Joomla as provider, or if you want to login into Joomla with another oauth provider (e.g. Facebook login). Can you, please, try to describe your needs?

Kind regards,
Luigi

• sirebral
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago #2808 by sirebral
Replied by sirebral on topic oAuth?
My site already has Login with Facebook. I want an oAuth provider inside my Joomla! installs so I can make secure API requests.

More
9 years 9 months ago #2813 by admin
So it seems you woul like to have an oAuth provider inside jBackend as security for endpoints access. If so, I will check is possible and useful and if so I will implement.

Thanks,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds