× Requests and support related to jBackend.

Timeout on new user register

• securepro
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #2486 by securepro
Timeout on new user register was created by securepro
I am pretty pleased with your Rest API. It is mostly working the way I think it should. I have one problem and one concern.

The problem is I get a timeout when I add a new user. The user is created successfully every time though. The timeout occurs when Postman or REST Easy is waiting for a response.

The concern I have is it doesn't seem to matter what the option setting is, an API Key is always required. This is what I want but I am not sure I understand the purpose of the Free/User/API Key settings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #2487 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Timeout on new user register
Hi and thanks,
I'm working to improve features and adding functionalities. In a few days the porting for J2.5 will be available to subscribers (I'm finish testing it).

About the timeout, I have notice it too. In my case it is related to a problem to send the activation email. I'm trying to manage it.

About the second question, this is the idea. You can create and publish an "end-point" as a menu item. Then you can start to call this menu link to access to APIs. Each end-point/menu can have its own access settings between:

Free: no authorization required
User: any request is allowed only for a logged user (using login API)
API Key: you need to pass an additional API Key on each request (with the component you can generate and manage keys)

Each end-point has its own settings, but as you probably know, you can call a component even if it is not published (e.g. /index.php?option=com_jbackend&..) so to protect even this requests I added a "default" settings applied to these calls. The initial value is API Key, but can be changed with component options.

Let me know if it is clear now.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• securepro
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #2488 by securepro
Replied by securepro on topic Timeout on new user register
Thanks for your very quick answer! I will take another look the permissions make sure I understand them better.

More
9 years 11 months ago #2489 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Timeout on new user register
Let me know which part needs more details, so I can also improve online documentation.

Thanks,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds