× Requests and support related to jBackend.

jBackend Features

• samoud
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #2443 by samoud
jBackend Features was created by samoud
Hello,

I am very interested in your jBackend, but I have some question before purchasing it.

We are working on a mobile app for an existing joomla website, and we need to make possible for users to :

- login using username/password, (for requests for logged users, do we need to include always the username/password in the request ?)
- regirster,
- create new articles ?
- upload pictures for thoses articles ?
- get details of categories and articles.

Is jBackend offers a REST API for this kind of features ?

Thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #2444 by admin
Replied by admin on topic jBackend Features
Hi and thanks for your inquire.
As you can see from online documentation, jBackend provides the basic "framework" to extend Joomla with custom API. It provides a plugin system for adding new APIs and support new extensions. At the moment only two plugins are ready and they provide the following API:

User Module API
www.selfget.com/documentation/jbackend-joomla30/user-module-api.html

Content Module API
www.selfget.com/documentation/jbackend-joomla30/content-module-api.html

Now I'm working on new modules (K2 is almost ready) and on J2 porting, as required by many users. But developers can extend jBackend with their plugins. I will provide online documentation for developers soon, but existing code is really clear, and if you need more info send me a private message to info(at)selfget.com.

About your questions:

- login using username/password, (for requests for logged users, do we need to include always the username/password in the request ?)

Yes, is already supported and t works with session cookie just like Joomla, so there's no need to pass user/pass on each request after logged in.

- regirster,

Yes, already supported, Look at API docs.

- create new articles ?

Not supported. It should be implemented in the content module or in a new (admin) module.

- upload pictures for thoses articles ?

Not supported. It should be implemented in the content module or in a new (admin) module.

- get details of categories and articles.

Yes, already supported. Look at API docs for details about supported fields. New fields can be added easily.

Kind regards,
Luigi

More
9 years 11 months ago #2490 by securepro
Replied by securepro on topic jBackend Features
Samoud,

Were you able to modify the component or plugin to allow your user to submit an article? I have a similar application and I am about to dive in.

Thanks, Greg

More
9 years 11 months ago #2496 by admin
Replied by admin on topic jBackend Features
Hi Greg,
in any case, I would like to know which kind of feature would you like to have in a jBackend plugin dedicated to authors. I plan to add many plugins to cover as much user requests as possible.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds