× Requests and support related to jBackend.

Change from Angular JS pusher to JBackend

• timstohr
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #6601 by timstohr
Hi Luigi,
I use an angular JS Pusher for deviceID=FCM Token ID, so I am basically using a cURL request with device ID which the pusher then uses to send onwards to Firebase. The userID=DeviceID is gotten from Jbackend (user registers over Jbackend REST API. We currently have about 500 different people who registered over Jbackend)
I wanted to now get rid of the pusher and use JBackend instead (angular JS pusher is very unstable).
What do I have to do? Where are the FCM Token stored inside JBackend? Can I simply switch now and it will work (even though I had automatic registration turned off?)

Also what is the <endpoint> in <end-point>?action=get&module=push&resource=scheduler?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #6613 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Change from Angular JS pusher to JBackend
Hi,
starting for the last question, <endpoint> is the URL of the jBackend menu item you create to expose your APIs.

Actually jBackend plugin for push notifications was created before FCM and I have not updated it yet, so you should rely on the old GCM way to send notifications. As far as I know it still works, or I should have received a LOT of messages.... :)

Here you can find the information to setup push under jbackend:

www.selfget.com/documentation/jbackend-joomla30/apps.html
www.selfget.com/documentation/jbackend-joomla30/devices.html
www.selfget.com/documentation/jbackend-joomla30/push-module-api.html

Kind regards,
Luigi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds