× Requests and support related to jBackend.

Test site and scenario usage

• lcollong
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #6280 by lcollong
Test site and scenario usage was created by lcollong
Hi,

I've downloaded and test the community version. Congrats ! :-)

I've also play with the helloWorld plugin and start to add the features I need. I've also read most of the forum's post and documentation. However, I have some questions.

After paying the subscription, does the licence allow to install on several site ? In my case, we'll have a production site, preprod one and test site. All 3 on different domains.

Our Joomla site shows data. Some are public, some is reserved to registered users (some thousands). We want to allow some developers to collect these data (both types) to include them in their own sites or apps (smartphones/tablets). Our first API version will be "basic" (identify and get the list of data with possible filter on date). We won't implement push for now.

Our intend is to ask these developers to register on our site, fill a request form and manually create key for them (for their apps). Thus we want to know exactly to whom we grant the API usage. But how send them the key ? Ideally we should have a menu for the frontend giving access to the list of the keys of the current registered user. But I don't think you have such ? Is it scheduled ?

The key is associated to a user. Does it mean the API grant this user privileges ? If some articles are only visible to super-users as an example, the userto whom we deliver a key is a standard registered one. As an interactive user he won't see the reserved articles. Does the API (content) allow to extract all articles ? Only those conforming the ACL of this user ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #6281 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Test site and scenario usage
Hi.

After paying the subscription, does the licence allow to install on several site ? In my case, we'll have a production site, preprod one and test site. All 3 on different domains.

The license is GPL, what you buy is the subscription to download (1 year long), so there's no limit on the number of domains, and I am sure 99% of users are "fair" :)

But how send them the key ? Ideally we should have a menu for the frontend giving access to the list of the keys of the current registered user. But I don't think you have such ? Is it scheduled ?

You could use a custom user plugin to create and associate an API key to each user. I made something similar for a customer, but not exactly like this. The API key should also visible as "profile" field to the user.

The key is associated to a user. Does it mean the API grant this user privileges ? If some articles are only visible to super-users as an example, the userto whom we deliver a key is a standard registered one. As an interactive user he won't see the reserved articles. Does the API (content) allow to extract all articles ? Only those conforming the ACL of this user ?

The API key is associated to an user, but this DOES NOT MEAN that consuming the endpoint with that key you have the user privileges granted. To get this, the user must first authenticate on the endpoint.

Kind regards,
Luigi
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by admin.

• lcollong
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #6282 by lcollong
Replied by lcollong on topic Test site and scenario usage
Thanks for your quick answer.

The API key should also visible as "profile" field to the user.

Could you explain a little further ? I did not found any "field plugin" related to jBackend. Is this come as a standard or do you mean I need to program it as part as the writing of a custom user plugin ?

More
6 years 8 months ago #6284 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Test site and scenario usage
I meant it should be developed, and you can do it by yourself too if you know a little PHP / Joomla programming. Here you can find some useful information for developers related to jBackend:

www.selfget.com/documentation/jbackend-joomla30/developers-guide.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: lcollong

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds