× Requests and support related to jBackend.

Compatibility check with Joomla custom component

• pooja.ambre
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #5698 by pooja.ambre
Hi Team,

I am working for an organization which uses Joomla CMS as the underlying platform for their Intranet.

We are currently running on Joomla version 3.6.3 and using MySQL 5.7.11.

We intend to enable some of the functionalities of our website like News publishing via a mobile app and your component jBackend seems to suit most of our requirements.

However, jus t o be sure we would like to seek your expert advise before we subscribe and download the product. The news component we are using is a custom developed Joomla component. Can you please let me know, if jBackend will work with our custom news component?

Kindly let me know incase you need additional information from my end. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Pooja
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by pooja.ambre.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #5699 by admin
Hi Pooja,
if you are using a custom extension to create / publish your news, you need a custom jBackend plugin for this extension. jBackend provides the basic infrastructure to expose REST APIs, but it requires plugins to support Joomla extensions / features. In the basic package there is already the com_content plugin, and others can be downloaded and installed as needed.

But in your case you need a custom specific plugin to integrate your extension. You can build it by yourself:

www.selfget.com/documentation/jbackend-joomla30/developers-guide.html

Or you can send me a request for quote at info(at)selfget.com.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds