× Requests and support related to jBackend.

Several questions regarding notifications

• ashdodia
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #4676 by ashdodia
1. My application use the user module to perform login. I would like to be able to create a link between the user and his device ID in order to send more specific notifications (i.e. send personal notification when user get PM from forum).
2. Is it possible to send a notification that will open the app on specific page
3. Is it possible to create single notification for both android and iOS ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #4677 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Several questions regarding notifications
Hi and thanks for your questions.

1. My application use the user module to perform login. I would like to be able to create a link between the user and his device ID in order to send more specific notifications (i.e. send personal notification when user get PM from forum).

At the moment this is not possible, but I think is a great idea. I will add a field user_id (optional) to the devices table, so if the client/app knows the user_id this could be assciated to the device, and this field could be used to filter push notifications. But to trigger messages from the forum requires a little custom development (e.g. a plugin). What I can do is to create an example for developers on how to schedule a push into jbackend from other extensions / plugins.

2. Is it possible to send a notification that will open the app on specific page

Yes, using custom payload. It is already implemented but not released yet. I will release the new version this week end.

3. Is it possible to create single notification for both android and iOS ?

At the moment no, but it is possible to clone a push with "SAVE AS COPY" and just change the platform.

Kind regards,
Luigi
The following user(s) said Thank You: ashdodia

• ashdodia
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #4678 by ashdodia
Replied by ashdodia on topic Several questions regarding notifications
Do you think the optional user_id will also be in the next version (this weekend?). When do you think the example will be available ?

More
8 years 3 months ago #4681 by admin
Unfortunately no,
I will release a version that is already done, this is a new feature and must be developed.

More
8 years 3 months ago #4703 by internetix
Replied by internetix on topic Several questions regarding notifications
This is great, i also need this kind of functionality :woohoo:

- assign a device to a user id so we can send "personal" push notifications ("social network" style :) )
- "Custom payload" for notifications - each notification to open app on specific page.
- create an example for developers on how to schedule a push into jbackend from other extensions / plugins

So cool ! This will be the greatest Joomla REST API out there .... ;)

More
8 years 3 months ago #4704 by admin
Hi and thanks,
I just published version 3.1.0 with support for custom payload. Now I will update online documentation and I will add also some examples for developers, so you will get points 2 and 3 of your list. ;)

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds