× Requests and support related to jBackend.

How Push notification will work

• kabirfarhad
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #4635 by kabirfarhad
How Push notification will work was created by kabirfarhad
I am kind of confused about the workflow of push notification, how it will work. I am trying to build a android app using phonegap. So for phonegap I have to use phonegap-plugin-push for push notification.

after a successful installation of app on a user's device , my server (Joomla site) suppose to recieve a registrationId for that device to send push.

To recieve that registrationid , should i use following url in my app code ?

jbackend/rest/put/push/register?token=0987654321&appcode=jbackapp&platform=android

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #4636 by admin
Replied by admin on topic How Push notification will work
All correct.

Once your app has received its token from GCM or APNs it must send it to the Joomla. In this way jBackend can register the app+device and can send push to it. To do this call the above URL with effective values into params and you will find your device registered on Joomla backend.

The second step is to schedule and execute a push notification. I am assuming you have already created a jBackend app entry and configured for pushes. If so, just create a new push, it will be scheduled after you save it. To start the sending process just call the scheduler URL.

Maybe this guide and video can hep you:

www.selfget.com/newsblog/55-a-push-notifications-platfom-for-mobile-apps-with-jbackend.html

Kind regards,
Luigi

More
6 years 8 months ago #6238 by gatomad
Replied by gatomad on topic How Push notification will work
Hello
how was your experience of joomla and an app? HOw can you help? I Would like to build my app for my joomlasite and aI would like to know if you use any extension.

More
6 years 7 months ago #6251 by admin
Replied by admin on topic How Push notification will work
Hi and sorry for delay.
You can get the big picture about jBackend reading documentation available here:

www.selfget.com/documentation/jbackend-joomla30.html

I can offer any kind of support as freelance, as described here:

www.selfget.com/services/technical-support/jbackend-custom-modules.html

Let me know if you need more info.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds