× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

Custom 404 Page Problem

• sedonagate
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #439 by sedonagate
Custom 404 Page Problem was created by sedonagate
Hello,

I enabled the Plug-in Manager: System - ReDJ Community and in "Basic Options," I set "Custom page 404" to "yes." Then I entered the ID of the article.

However, it's not working. When I type in some url that does not exist to test this, I get the usual Joomla 404 page, but not my new custom page. So maybe I have entered the item ID wrong?

I tried both the article ID and the menu ID, but neither worked.

Am I doing something drastically wrong?

I'm using Joomla 2.5.8 with the latest version of ReDJ.

Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #440 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Custom 404 Page Problem
Hi,
the ID you should set into plugin is the "Error Page" id you wanna use. Take a look at ReDJ Manager, in the second tab you should see the error page list (there are two example pages). Here you can add your custom error page, and put its ID into plugin.

After this, try to call a non-existing URL and let me know.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• sedonagate
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #441 by sedonagate
Replied by sedonagate on topic Custom 404 Page Problem
Hi, I tried that, using the English 404 page in your sample... but it looks like I'm getting another error message... something is wrong. I've attached two screenshots. :(
Attachments:

More
11 years 5 months ago #442 by admin
It's working!!
What you see is my custom English error page, the contact email address is not present in the original Joomla page.

You should only disable Redirector plugin (the Joomla one) is you are not using. In this way the text at the bottom of the error page will disappear.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• sedonagate
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #443 by sedonagate
Replied by sedonagate on topic Custom 404 Page Problem
Ohhh k, I'm getting closer. What happens now is I'm getting two different views. When I test by deliberately making a 404 error, sometimes my entire website page shows up under the 404 message at the top. And sometimes I only get the 404 message by itself at the top (see my screenshots).

I would REALLY like it if I could get the 404 page to look the same all the time, like a custom article page on my website. For example, I would like to make an article, and it could say whatever I want, like, "Sorry… the page you're looking for may have moved or no longer exists. Please choose a menu item, left, to continue."

Is there a good way to do this?

Thank you, and I will be sure to donate to your project, as I really do like the way the redirect feature works. I'm know we'll be able to work out how the 404 page works too.

Thank you!
Attachments:

More
11 years 5 months ago #444 by admin
This is really strange, because you should always see teh same page. Could you please send me your custom code for the error page?

If you like, send me an email at info(at)selfget.com. I would like to support you with backend settings, but you are working on "localhost" so we should schedule a remote desktop session.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds