× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

Migrating to HTTPS - Bulk edit process?

• Joomlatics
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #6263 by Joomlatics
Migrating to HTTPS - Bulk edit process? was created by Joomlatics
Hello,

I'm migrating my site from HTTP to HTTPS. In order to keep my ReDJ redirects functioning after migration, it seems I need to change all destination URLs from http to https.

Because I have 200+ URLs to change, I need a way to perform this edit in bulk. What method do you recommend?

Also, I was wondering if I could just omit the 'www.mysite.com' from all destination URLS? It says to include the domain in ReDJ instructions, but the redirects seem to work ok on both HTTP and HTTPS without including. And omitting the domain will make my job much easier if I experience other issues during this HTTPS migration and need to revert back and forth multiple times. Please advise.

Thank you!
Daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #6264 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Migrating to HTTPS - Bulk edit process?
Hi Daniel,
macros in the target URL are meant exactly to prevent those problems. If you build the rule using {scheme}:// in the target, the original HTTP / HTTPS will be preserved in the redirect itself.

BTW, now you need to change the existing rules, and the faster way is to SQL dump the redirect table, alter targets with an advanced text editor, and eventually restore the table.

Another option could be a SQL UPDATE on table, but this should be done carefully, to prevent unwantend changing (it depends on your existing rules, actually can't say more with my info).

Kind regards,
Luigi
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by admin.

• Joomlatics
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #6267 by Joomlatics
Replied by Joomlatics on topic Migrating to HTTPS - Bulk edit process?
Thanks Luigi! I got the {scheme} rule working on a one-off basis, but I'm having trouble with the database export/import via phpMyAdmin. I've tried a few different combinations of formatting options and delimiters in the CSV, but every time I get the error message "Invalid column count in CSV input on line 1" and the ReDJ entries remain the same.

Below is a few lines of the CSV file I tried to use. Any suggestions?

1;"/top-it-skills-2013.html";"{scheme}://www.itcareerfinder.com/brain-food/blog/entry/top-ten-it-skills-in-demand-2013.html";;;"301";"1";"1";"1";;;"712";"2017-08-30 12:14:23";"0";"1";"37";"2017-08-30 12:20:50"
2;"/self-paced-training/119.html";"/self-paced-training/udemy-video-courses.html";;;"301";"1";"1";"1";;;"11";"2017-08-29 16:48:02";"0";"1";"0";"0000-00-00 00:00:00"
3;"/self-paced-training/119-udemy-video-courses.html";"/self-paced-training/udemy-video-courses.html";;;"301";"1";"1";"1";;;"1066";"2017-08-30 07:12:29";"0";"1";"0";"0000-00-00 00:00:00"

Thanks,
Daniel

More
6 years 7 months ago #6271 by admin
Hi Daniel,
if you want to follow the export/import approach, it is better to dump data as SQL code.

• Joomlatics
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #6272 by Joomlatics
Replied by Joomlatics on topic Migrating to HTTPS - Bulk edit process?
Hi Luigi,

As suggested, I dumped data as SQL. I then opened the SQL file (in Adobe Dreamweaver), replaced all http with {scheme}, but when I tried to import table via phpMyAdmin I got the following error message (screenshot attached).

This last line in this error message says the table already exists. Should I simply try deleting the table before import? After backing up site of course.

Thanks!
Daniel
Attachments:

More
6 years 7 months ago #6273 by admin
It is safer to remove the "CREATE" statement from the SQL dump, or add the IF NOT EXISTS clause to it:

dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/create-table.html

Kind regards,
Luigi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joomlatics

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds