× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

Migration of ReDJ from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5

More
10 years 6 months ago #1634 by cmb
I am in the process of migrating a Joomla 1.5 site to Joomla 2.5 site. My problem is similar to jmccunepRE in the topic, Migrate rules from J1.5 to J3? at www.selfget.com/forum/redj/561-migrate-rules-from-j1-5-to-j3.html.

I have ReDJ version 1.7.2 installed and enabled. I used MigrateMe (version 2.1.4 ) and imported the database from the old site into the version 2.5 site. The database structure for ReDJ in the Joomla version 2.5 site is similar but not the same as the Joomla 1.5 site.

A. I have custom 404 pages from the old site that appear in the old _redj_pages table. I could easily create the necessary new 404 pages in the ReDJ administrator and they would appear in the _redj_pages404 table. In the interest of science, though, and using PHPMyAdmin, I renamed the _redj_pages404 table to _redj_pages404_original (as a backup). Then I renamed the _redj_pages table to _redj_pages404. Apparently that worked.

B. I have 145 existing redirect orders in the old _redj table. It appears that the old and new redirect table structures match except for the four new fields - request_only, decode_url, placeholders and comment.

I propose to modify the _redj table so that the structure matches the new _redj_redirects table (and setting the defaults). Then I'll rename the tables as I did for the 404 pages.

Do you see any pitfalls in this procedure?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #1635 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Migration of ReDJ from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5
Is perfect,
just add new fields to table definition, as defined in the new table structure, so they also take the default values.
`request_only` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
`decode_url` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
`placeholders` text NOT NULL,
`comment` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,

Kind regards,
Luigi
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by admin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cmb

More
10 years 6 months ago #1642 by cmb
Here's the procedure I used to add the new columns to the renamed _redj_redirects table.
  1. In PHPMyAdmin, show the structure of the table to be modified.
  2. Use the Add Columns line below the structure table to Add 4 Columns After case_sensitive.
  3. Then select Go.
  4. Fill in the values as necessary in each of the four rows.
  5. Select Save.
In addition to the values mentioned in Luigi's posting, I also set the collation to utf8_general_ci for the placeholders and comment columns. Everything appears to be working.
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

More
10 years 6 months ago #1643 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Migration of ReDJ from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5
Great, thanks for reporting on forum.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds