× Here you can get community support related to Tag Meta.

Page Title not showing up

• shirlock
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #1427 by shirlock
Page Title not showing up was created by shirlock
I successfully confirmed my Tag Meta plugin is active because I can manipulate the plugin settings (such as clean default page, insert site title, etc) and set a rule using the example in your guide of "^/$" for the default page. I can set the description for the default page and confirm through the browser view source that the description text for the default page changes depending on the values I put in Tag Meta. ;) thank you!

However, I cannot get the title to change. I have tried turning on/off the joomla global site name setting (appending before/after Page title) and varying the Tag Meta plugin settings that affect the page title (clean default page title, site title prefix or append), but regardless, I always just see the Joomla page title in the browser view source instead of the tag meta title. The default page was just my first test.

I also tested another url rule. I inserted a rule for an article page to change the description. When I view the page through the browser - I see the same joomla description for the article, not the Tag Meta description value. I do not know what I am doing wrong. :silly: Please advise if I need to send you back end credentials or private links to my site. Thank you in advance for helping understand the basics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #1434 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Page Title not showing up
Hi,
in other cases like yours the issue was related to other extensions like sh404SEF. If this is not your case, I can check your settings and help you to solve the problem. We can schedule a remote support session using Team Viewer (starting from the next 22, I'm on vacation until 21) or you can send me a temp backend access. Just send me a message at info(at)selfget.com.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• shirlock
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #1455 by shirlock
Replied by shirlock on topic Page Title not showing up
sending access pw. thank you.

More
10 years 8 months ago #1459 by admin
Thanks for trust.
I have fixed all settings and rules. Just check your mailbox.

Kind regard,
Luigi

P.S. Remember to disable / delete my temp account for security reasons.

More
10 years 6 months ago #1724 by AIMNWEB
Replied by AIMNWEB on topic Page Title not showing up
Good day Admin,

I have the same problem with my website. Please can you assist.

Thank you

More
10 years 6 months ago #1726 by admin
Of course.

You can post your problem here, or send me an email at info(at)selfget.com. Just provide me enough info to replicate the problem and a temporary backend access. If this is not possible, we should schedule a remote support session using Team Viewer.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds