× Here you can get community support related to Tag Meta.

Title will not override for article

• meisam
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #886 by meisam
Title will not override for article was created by meisam
Hello,

I have an issue with the meta tag plugin, it works fine for meta description and keywords however when I input the title it will not show, instead it shows the default item and category title

The URL to the page is computer-highway.com/computer-repair/ealing/

if you view the source you can see that the descriptions and keyword has been updated however the title hasn't

I have tested this with the K2 items and it seems to work fine with those.

I have been using sh404sef to url rewrite some of my other urls from k2 items, however I have disabled it sh404sef from the component section in the settings for joomla articles instead i am using the joomla router, not sure if this is the cause. as meta tag is independent, i am assuming.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #887 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Title will not override for article
Try to put Tag Meta plugin as the last one. Go to plugin list, filter by "system" type and sort by "ordering". Then be sure Tag Meta is the last one, or change the ordering to do so.

After this, call this URL in another browser window:

computer-highway.com/computer-repair/ealing/

Then go to Tag Meta Manager, order your rules by "last visit" and be sure that this is the last one (hits counter must be greater then zero for a rule to work).

If you still get trouble, send me an email at info(at)selfget.com, and I will support you with these settings. You can send me a temporary backend access or we can schedule a remote desktop session with Team Viewer.

Kind regards,
Luigi

More
11 years 1 month ago #890 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Title will not override for article
Hi Meisam,
as I told you in my last email, the issue is due to sh404SEF meta management, that overrides Tag Meta meta settings.

Looking at the code it seems there's no way through settings to avoid this, because Tag Meta sets meta info in the onAfterDispatch phase,while sh404SEF does this in the next step onAfterRender.

So it seems that they cannot work together on this aspect.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds