× Here you can get community support related to Tag Meta.

Generate rules from xml sitemap?

• Essentee
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #803 by Essentee
Generate rules from xml sitemap? was created by Essentee
Hello

I want to be able to generate the list of Tagmeta items automatically from an xml sitemap.

At the moment I manually create my list of urls which takes a long time, and I often make mistakes in ordering the hierarchy correctly.

Is it possible to do this? Do I need the Enterprise Version? Or will I need to get some php code written to do an import?

My understanding is that the macro's only affect the rules once they have been created.
:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #805 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Generate rules from xml sitemap?
Hi,
I'm not sure I got your request completely, but I can say Tag Meta cannot support any kind of URLs import or something like this. The reason is simple.

Tag Meta (and ReDJ) was created to support regular expressions in the rules. With a regular expression you can match many URLs with a single rule, and using macros you can build meta info dinamically. Therefore it is not designed to work with single URL, it can but is not the best it can do.

We are thinking to another extension that includes both Tag Meta and ReDJ basic features, but with support for single URLs, and a friendly user interface. It's on the way...

Kind regards,
Luigi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Essentee

• Essentee
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #809 by Essentee
Replied by Essentee on topic Generate rules from xml sitemap?
Thanks for the quick reply Luigi, we're probably using TagMeta in a way that's not 100% what it was designed for, but no harm in checking! :)

More
11 years 1 month ago #815 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Generate rules from xml sitemap?
You are right, and I'm sorry I cannot support this feature with Tag Meta. The problem is with special chars in any URL (like ? or .), that should be automatically escaped in the import, cause you are importing single URLs, and I shuld create a rule for any URL.

I prefer to create a new different extension, that puts ReDJ and Tag Meta together but with an easier interface. Hope this makes sense for you.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds