× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

Directing to a different folder

• gordenmack
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #3815 by gordenmack
Directing to a different folder was created by gordenmack
gordenbmack.com/rad/

I am using an AidaNews module on the home page above in the upper left hand corner. There are 3 article listings that have links, like this first one:

gordenbmack.com/rad/27-recent-custom-heatsink-applications/104-copper-skived-heatsink-with-blower-for-1u-atca-server.html

The problem is that they open up on the home page, and I want them to open up on their own page as follows:

gordenbmack.com/rad/design-manufacturing/recent-custom-heatsink-applications/27-recent-custom-heatsink-applications/104-copper-skived-heatsink-with-blower-for-1u-atca-server.html

Ideally, I could set-up one redirect that would forward "27-recent-custom-heatsink-applications" to "/design-manufacturing/recent-custom-heatsink-applications/27-recent-custom-heatsink-applications/".

All the redirects (individual links or global) I try to set up end up with "The page isn't redirecting properly" errors.

Please help me with the syntax I should use.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #3817 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Directing to a different folder
Could you, please, disable temporarily your redirect rules? They are causing loops.

Let me know when this is done so I can check URLs you provided.

Thanks

• gordenmack
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #3818 by gordenmack
Replied by gordenmack on topic Directing to a different folder
Re-direct is disabled, click the tiny square image on the home page to test the link.

The desired links navigable by "Custom Heatsinks" then the first link, "Recent Custom Heatsink Applications"

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #3819 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Directing to a different folder
Sorry again,
but despite of my attempts I cannot understand what you need to do. I can deal with redirections but it's hard to understand site's structure of each user.

So, please, just tell me the redirect you need (in the form of old URL => new URL) and I will tell you how to setup the rule.

Kind regads,
Luigi
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by admin.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds