× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

I cannot get ReDJ to work

• jasper_coetzee
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #2631 by jasper_coetzee
Replied by jasper_coetzee on topic I cannot get ReDJ to work
Hello Luigi,

That is what I am attempting to do. The site now lying under /Joomla30 is being developed - when it is finished it will be moved to the root.

So, the in-site links that I use for the new site should show towards the root. But there are no Joomla at the root presently. So I want ReDJ to catch the (correct) URL's and add the /Joomla30 in temporarily, so that I can test properly.

Hope this is clearer!

Regards,

Jasper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2632 by admin
Replied by admin on topic I cannot get ReDJ to work
Hi Jasper,
it is clear and this is the final confirmation. But as I told you before, this is exactly what you cannot do with your current settings. The request is managed by the main site on the root and there is no way for Joomla and ReDJ under /joomla30 to intercept and manage the request.

You will be able to manage these requests once the site will be moved on the root folder.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• jasper_coetzee
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #2634 by jasper_coetzee
Replied by jasper_coetzee on topic I cannot get ReDJ to work
Hello Luigi,

I am sorry for two things:
  1. I could not do what I wanted using ReDJ.
  2. I wasted your time

I was extremely impressed by the quality of support that I received from you. I have never experienced anything like it. To conpensate, I have been looking for a donation link, but could not find one. Nevertheless, I am going to make use of your SEO Check-up service, as soon as I move the new site to root. And I will most probably also make use of you for other stuff. It is not often that you find people of such quality at such reasonable costs.

With (absolute) best regards,

Jasper

More
9 years 10 months ago #2635 by admin
Replied by admin on topic I cannot get ReDJ to work
Hi Jasper,
thanks for your appreciation and do not worry about my time, it's not absolutely wasted because now you can figure out how to proceed.

As far as you will be ready to move the site you will be able to use ReDJ and redirect old URLs to new pages without loose backlinks or page ranks. And I will be glad to support you in that case.

About the old URLs, you could enable the ReDJ error tracing option, I use this exactly to help with site migrations. Recently I moved also this site to J3 and a new smart structure and I used it again with success...

Best regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds