× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

Sadly I do not understand how to setup "simple"...

• webguy
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #2402 by webguy
I setup my 404 page and got that working great, but a lot of old pages, because they do not have .html extension, but .asp, are not picked up as a 404, but a 500 error, is there someway to make the 500 errors point to the 404 page as well?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #2404 by admin
Hi,
I would be sure how you could get a 500 error calling a .asp page. It should be a 404 error, but you could use the ErrorDocument to let Joomla manage it. At this point, the Joomla routing could assign the URL to your default menu item, and if this is (let me say) an article you could get the com_content 500 error. With a different default menu you should get the 404 error. If this is the scenario you could redirect .asp pages, but I don't at the moment how to change a 500 to 404.

If my scenario is wrong, pls, add more information. If you prefer, send me a private message to info(at)selfget.com.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• webguy
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #2410 by webguy
Hi Luigi

So if I type domain.com.au/product.asp which does not exist of course, I get...

500 - View not found [name, type, prefix]: item, asp, k2View

And the usual red error box etc.

Does that help?

Cheers

More
9 years 11 months ago #2414 by admin
Yes,
this is a confirm that my hypothesis is right, just replace com_content with com_k2. The routing assign the call to com_k2, and this doesn't recognize the view, and issue a 500 error. You could intercept and redirect any .asp page, but no idea on how to change the 500 to 404 without changing the site menus. I hope this is muche clear now.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds