× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

help with sef - urls

More
10 years 2 months ago #2131 by andi
Replied by andi on topic help with sef - urls
@luigi: Yes, I have opened a project request now, please tell me what you need......

@marcel555: Thats true, and I always did in this way. BUT, our forum was not useable in the last three weeks, sh404SEF has grown up to 700.000 entries in the database, and it took up to 50 seconds to load a page, the usual time is 0.2 to 0.5 seconds.......

The developers could not help me, and so I had to purge database and all sef-urls have been lost. Since three or four days I am working on this, and I am really desperate on this to loose all my reputation which I have built on 8 years since my forum exists. Its a private forum about networking, dsl and routers, and we have been Nr. 1 in Austria for many years....

regards
andi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #2132 by marcel555
Replied by marcel555 on topic help with sef - urls
I don't know why the purging of the database should cause a loss of all URLs. I assume you mean cache tables, not the whole forum database (as this wouldn't make sense to me)? Perhaps there are other problems, too?

Since three or four days I am working on this, and I am really desperate

With such a big forum I guess you earn some money. If I were you I would ask and pay a professional guy to fix this as soon as possible. What about Luigi? ;) www.selfget.com/services/technical-support.html
Every hour of this trouble makes your risk bigger that Google will act ...

Schönen Gruß nach Österreich
Marcel
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by marcel555.

More
10 years 2 months ago #2133 by marcel555
Replied by marcel555 on topic help with sef - urls
Oh, I see, you've already done a project request ...

More
10 years 2 months ago #2134 by andi
Hi marcel,

I think we could write in german?

Klar meine ich nur die von sh404sef generierten suchmaschinenfreundlichen URLs und nicht die gesamte Datenbank, aber die sind nun einmal bei google gelistet und führen zu einem 404-error.

DAS ist mein Problem. Ansonsten existiert keines, ich wüsste nicht welches. Das mit dem Verdienen ist so eine Sache, immerhin zahle ich aus privater Tasche einen dezifierten Server beim Provider, und die Einnahmen aus Spenden und Adsense decken mehr schlecht als recht die Kosten. Aber ich hoffe, dass Luigi das Problem lösen kann.....

lg
andi

More
10 years 2 months ago #2135 by admin
Replied by admin on topic help with sef - urls
Hey dudes,
you're throwing me a lot of responsibility on me, now I cannot make mistakes, that anxiety :)

@andi
We will continue on Client Manager...

@marcel
Unfortunately this has a sense and he means no cache. This is a little drawback of sh404SEF, and with many URLs (e.g. 70000) the site can become very slow. A little tuning on the database can be done, but now it's too late having cleared the table with the url routing.

Kind regards,
Luigi
The following user(s) said Thank You: andi

More
10 years 2 months ago #2142 by andi
I have to thank Luigi who solved my problem yesterday in a perfect way. Thank you very much for all your support and for your great work. Since yesterday all works perfect, the links shown by google are all redirected to the correct new urls.

Perfect!

One correction to the discussion with marcel about sh404SEF - Urls: They ARE stored in the database, and we had a number of 700000 (not 70000 as luigi mentioned) links there, and it was not slow, it was not useable. If you have to wait 50 seconds or more fore loading a page....

Now, with luigis great tool, the time until a redirected site will load is about 0.5 to 1 second....

kind regards
andi

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds