× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

Redirect 404 to article?

• bmheck
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #1917 by bmheck
Redirect 404 to article? was created by bmheck
I would like to redirect all 404 errors to a "friendly" article within my site. In this forum, there's a three-year old post saying that this feature would be available in a future version, but it does not seem to be there yet? Or am I missing something?

Of course there is the 404 redirect custom page. I did find a post on a method to create custom HTML by copying the HTML from an existing page. But that's not a great solution because we sometimes change items on the page, such as menus, graphics, etc. So the copied page would not change dynamically (we would have to recopy the page each time there was any change).

So is there a way to redirect a 404 error to an article?

I was able to use the "Redirect Any Error" feature to redirect to an article. So I could just have a single error page -- the vast majority of errors are 404 errors anyway, so that solution generally works. But it would be better if there is a solution just for 404 errors.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #1919 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Redirect 404 to article?
Yes,
you can include the article content using a macro in the html
{article ID} Include an article (intro and fulltext). Replace 'ID' with content item ID to include

I have not found a way until now to return a joomla page as error 404 page. It should be done with an "internal" call, but not started to work on this yet. Now is on the top of ToDo list, so maybe I will find a way for this.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds