× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

All redirects work except for 3... need help pleas

• trogladyte
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #1771 by trogladyte
LOVE this component! What a time saver - thank you. However, on a complicated e-commerce site I have 3 URLs I cannot get to redirect - all I get is a 404.

The 3 URLs are:

www.digitalguarddawg.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DGD&Category_Code=VictoryForum

www.digitalguarddawg.com//mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DGD&Category_Code=a10000MK-ACC

www.digitalguarddawg.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DGD&Category_Code=a10000MHF*

Whatever variation I use, I always get a 404 page. I've tried relative and absolute From URLs, with/without case sensitive and decode URL. I'm sure it's simple, but I just can't figure it out. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #1773 by admin
Probably you need just to escape special chars. If you need a rule for each of these, use the following:
/merchant\.mvc\?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DGD&Category_Code=VictoryForum

/merchant\.mvc\?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DGD&Category_Code=a10000MK-ACC

/merchant\.mvc\?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DGD&Category_Code=a10000MHF\*

Request only: true (checked)

Case sensitive: true (checked)

But I see here a "common pattern" so I'm asking myself if it could be possible to create a single rule for all. What about the destination? Is the same, or you really need a one-on-one redirect?

Kind regards,
Luigi

• trogladyte
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #1777 by trogladyte
Hi Luigi

Thanks for the reply. I tried the first one (the Victory Owners Forum) with the 2 escapes (also needed /mm5 at the front) both with and w/out Decoding on, and it still fails.

You're right, there is a pattern, but only in the old URLs. All 3 of my "problem children" go to different new pages. I have managed to group a whole bunch of old URLs together using wild cards, but the Victory on goes to a special page (a landing page from their forum) and the other 2 are for different products.

More
10 years 5 months ago #1778 by admin
Hi,
maybe there's another rule that mess with this. I need to check your settings.

Please, send me an email at info(at)selfget.com. And we can schedule a remote support session with Team Viewer.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds