× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

move urls from existing Joomla redirect plugin

• Barkley
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #1727 by Barkley
This component / plugin is exactly what I'm looking for! Unfortunately I started down the road of using the built-in redirect for Joomla and now I have over 3,500 redirects loaded. A few questions:

Is there an easy way to populate the database with the exiting from/to urls I have already captured in the Joomla plugin (can I just export them from the database and import them into your table?).

The reason I have SO many redirects is that the current url's for articles don't have the category displayed so they are all just sitename.com/article_title. I'm using jReviews and the new url's will be sitename.com/menu_name/menu_subname/article_title. If there is an easy way to apply a rule to accomplish that it would be awesome.

Thanks very much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #1728 by admin
Hi,
to automatically redirect sitename.com/article_title to sitename.com/menu_name/menu_subname/article_title you should build the missing part /menu_name/menu_subname/. I guess this could be done with a query lookup on the database, but cannot be sure without to check the db.

To migrate 3500 redirects into redj it could be possible and I could help you, but I usually discourage this practice. ReDJ does it best through regular expressions, macros and placeholders. These allow to manage many redirects with a single rule.

If you want to provide me more details, send me an email at info(at)selfget.com.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds