× Here you can get community support related to Auto Group.

Force already existing users into a group

• timstohr
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #3035 by timstohr
Hi Luigi,

I have 2200 users that are already registered. How can I force the users to go back to the registration index of CB so that they fill out one more registration detail for me (which will then be used to assign people to different groups)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #3036 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Force already existing users into a group
Ok,
once you created the Auto Group rules, it should be enough to force a redirect on each user after login to the profile page. Once saved the user will take the proper groups according to Auto Group rules. I could help you to get this, but I need to know which are groups and how they should be assigned. This because we need to find a way to understand if an user should be redirected or not to the profile page.

A solution could be to add a "fake" new group (e.g. pending user) and assign this to all users. After this, each user that still belongs to this group is redirected and locked on the profile page until he updates profile. After saving, we could unassign "pending" group (using Auto Group) and that's all. To force redirect we could use ReDJ and create a rule to redirect logged users to the profile (the skip group option will redirect only non "pending" users).

Let me know if my idea is clear and what you think...
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by admin.

• timstohr
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #3040 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Force already existing users into a group
Hi Luigi,
Basically the thought is to create a few pages that are only accessible by Male members and a few pages that are only accessible by female members.

I must say that I have a lot of people on the group that are utterly useless with computers, hence why I would like to make it as simple as possible.

I can redirect the people upon login to the login questionaire. If I could also hold them there, that would be great because the login would show them that they have to fill out the Male/Female stuff.

Is that possible?

PS: There is something that I have not quite understood in your video. Do I have to create a Male group and a Female group by hand in Joomla or will Auto Group do that automatically?

• timstohr
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #3041 by timstohr
I just had an even better idea! Those that have not filled out can use the website as normal but the belong to the "pending" group (to which Auto group will automatically assign everybody). Those who belong to the "pending group" will get automatically redirected to the profile with the question to fill out their Gender. Once they have filled out their Gender to either Male or Female, then they can either enter into the Female only portal or get locked out.

Would that be possible?

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #3042 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Force already existing users into a group
After your explaination I think it's easier then I thought. First let me answer to your question, Auto Group just assigns groups but doesn't create them. You should first create a Male and a Female group.

Now the solution.
Initially no user will have neither Male nor Female group assigned to him/her, so we have a clear condition to understand if redirect or not to the profile page. There is another extension of mine called ReDJ that can help us. We could create a redirection rule from ANY URL to the profile page URL and add a skip condition to skip redirection for guests, male and female groups. This should work but if you need assistance you should first clone the site so we can make some tests...

Kind regards,
Luigi
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by admin.

• timstohr
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #3043 by timstohr
OK let me try...

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds