× Here you can get community support related to Tag Meta.

Tag Meta Enterprise 1.7.6 - Manual

• AchLive
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 week ago #3824 by AchLive
Tag Meta Enterprise 1.7.6 - Manual was created by AchLive
Hi, I use the component Meta Tag Enterprise 1.7.6 would like to know where to find the manual.
In particular I would like to understand how the canonical option because I am not clear. In the management of the plugin you have two options:
- Clean the canonical link
- Auto exclude canonical
I can not understand how they work.
Also when I insert a rule in the canonical link that creates him back without dominio.it/ but if I insert {siteurl}/paginacanonical considers that it should be wrong because it is considered subpage (/dominio.it/paginacanonical)
Thanks for the support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #3827 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Tag Meta Enterprise 1.7.6 - Manual
Hi,
the manual for the old version can be downloaded here:

www.selfget.com/downloads/file/10-tagmeta-quickguide-j15.html

I am working on new online version for both ReDJ and Tag Meta. The Tag Meta version is available here:

www.selfget.com/documentation/tagmeta-joomla25.html

Unfortnately is not complete yet (I am still working on it and I hope to finish before the next week). Meanwhile, feel free to ask me anything about the features not documented yet.

But I don't understand the problem when you say:

Also when I insert a rule in the canonical link that creates him back without dominio.it/ but if I insert {siteurl}/paginacanonical considers that it should be wrong because it is considered subpage (/dominio.it/paginacanonical)

Can you post the rule?

Thanks,
Luigi

• AchLive
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #3832 by AchLive
Replied by AchLive on topic Tag Meta Enterprise 1.7.6 - Manual
Thanks for the reply Luigi. My situation is this:
I have a link of this type miosito.it/siti-web-bari?view=skills that I want to connect to the link canonical miosito.it/siti-web-bari.
In Tag Meta I created this rule:
URL: ^/siti-web-bari\?view=skills$
Meta options
Canonical: miosito.it/siti-web-bari (I put in the link also http: // in that post is deleted)
I would like to know if my setting is correct.
In the field Canonical I could only enter / sites-web-bari, or you need to write any address miosito.it/siti-web-bari as I did?
If you use macros like {host}/siti-web-bari link canonical reported is incorrect.
I hope I have explained well, sorry for my english.
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by AchLive.

More
9 years 1 week ago #3836 by admin
No, is clear.
The field "canonical" in the rule must be a full URL (with http) but can be built using macros too.

As example, suppose you have a lot of pages with ?view=skills and you want to define the canonical without this parameter for all of them. You don't need to create a rule for each URL, if you can match them all with a single regular expression (e.g. they all have a common pattern like /category/) you can build a single rule and use macros to build the canonical as follow:
{scheme}://{siteurl}{path}{querydrop view}

In the last tab of rule edit screen you have a list of all available macros, take a look at it.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• AchLive
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 week ago #3839 by AchLive
Replied by AchLive on topic Tag Meta Enterprise 1.7.6 - Manual
Thanks, now it is more clear and I managed to make it work with the macro {scheme}: // {siteurl}.
I am not very clear the second piece you wrote.
In my case as I can work with only one rule when the different links contain "?view=skills " ?
Thanks again for the support

More
9 years 1 week ago #3843 by admin
In this case it is not necessary, I just wanted to show you how to use another macro (this macro allows to drop variables from the origina URL, so in your case returns an empty string).

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds