× Here you can get community support related to Tag Meta.

Robots settings in Tag Meta

• cmatsa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #3512 by cmatsa
Robots settings in Tag Meta was created by cmatsa
Hi
I have a situation where some pages seem to be duplicated on a specific website for some reason when I'm using the JEvents extension. This is causing SEO issues and I am trying to use the Robots settings in Tag Meta to disable Index, Follow, Snippets and Archive on specific pages.

After setting up the rule, I cannot find the changes to the Robots.txt file and Google Webmaster tools continue to indicate soft 404 errors for these pages. Am I mistaking the operation of this feature in Tag Meta?

How are the NO Follow etc settings in Tag Meta implemented? Does it change the robots.txt file in the root folder of Joomla?

Can someone clarify this for me?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #3516 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Robots settings in Tag Meta
Hi,
Tag Meta doesn't work changing the robot.txt file. You create a rule, where the URL field is a regular expression and can be a single URL or can match multiple URLs, and for any matching URL the page content is changed according to the settings of the rule applied. So it is possible to alter meta information "on the fly".

I guess it will work fine for your problem, because probably you have multiple URLs for a single page that differ for one or few params so we could create a rule that match only non canonical URL.

But to help you to build your first rule you should post some example URLs for me. If you prefer, send me an email at info(at)selfget.com.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds