× Here you can get community support related to Tag Meta.

Problem with a URL

• iFootpath
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #2566 by iFootpath
Problem with a URL was created by iFootpath
Hi

the plugin is working great on most pages but I am having trouble with the following

index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=39&walkID=3306

I have used \? and tried on other characters too but the hit counter remains and zero

Could you help me please?

I have about 470 pages with this structure - all with a different number on the need. Can you recommend a way to make this easier. I will buy the Enterprise version as I hope to generate keywords from each page.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2567 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Problem with a URL
Hi,
I'm not sure this is the problem but it seems you are using com_wrapper on these pages so you are embedding external content through iframes. If this is the case, there's no way for Tag Meta to change what is in the iframe itself. To be sure I need a full URL, you can post here or send me an email at info(at)selfget.com.

Kind regards,
Luigi
The following user(s) said Thank You: iFootpath

• iFootpath
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #2568 by iFootpath
Replied by iFootpath on topic Problem with a URL
Thanks for the reply.

It is a wrapper - although the content is not actually external as it is generated by us and sits on our databases. But I understand what you mean.

Here is a full URL

www.ifootpath.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=39&walkID=1897

Any suggestions would be great - although our pages do get indexed.... at the moment all pages have the same meta data.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2569 by admin
As I thought the problem is related to iframes. The page you indicated includes an iframe to this URL:

www.ifootpath.com/walking/walk_ro.php?walkID=39&view=wrapper&walkID=1897&username=&email=&usertype=?username=&email=&usertype=

This second page is called and render in the browser (client side) and lives its own life in the iframe, so there's no simple way to build some meaningful meta datas on the server side in the container page, except you start to think about strange and complex workaround (e.g. the server itself could call and parse the page in the iframe). But I'm not sure how this could help (metas will not correspond to the effective page content, google doesn't matter what you put in the iframe).

In my opinion the best solution on the long term would be to change the page structure. It could be done in two ways. On the server side, so you could create a server wrapper that catches content and embed it into the page before to return to the client. On the client side, using massive AJAX requests to catch the content that you actually see in the iframe and build the new DOM dynamically. If I had to choose a solution, I personally would choose the first. I have already done something like this in the past for a customer, and it worked like a charm. And moreover I would like to protect the content restricting access only on the server side.

Kind regards,
Luigi

More
9 years 10 months ago #2585 by admin
Just a question,
have you received my notification from the client manager? I just would be sure that notifications are sent (CM is still new and I'm working to improve it).

Thanks,
Luigi
The following user(s) said Thank You: iFootpath

• iFootpath
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #2586 by iFootpath
Replied by iFootpath on topic Problem with a URL
Hi Luigi

I have sent you an email reply - also pasted below

Yes I got the notification - it all worked well. there was one small problem when I listed the project

I did not put a budget in so the post was rejected - but there were no buttons such as 'back' just a message screen. I went back using the browser and the form was still there - so I completed the information requirements.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds