× Here you can get community support related to Tag Meta.

Best way to solve this duplicate content issue?

More
9 years 9 months ago #2782 by marcel555
Hi Luigi,

any news about our "Automatic Redirect"? ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #2791 by admin
Unfortunately no.
I have tested AutoRoute on a couple of live sites and uninstalled after a few days. Unfortunately due to the Joomla routing it is not possible to have something completely automatic. But I have added a new feature in the last ReDJ version. Now you can redirect any single error to a new destination. It is not automatic and not for mass redirect but is faster then create rules...

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #2792 by marcel555
Ok. That's a pitty.

I assume the main problem is to query the correct category structure, is it? Since ReDJ can already fetch id and alias of the current article (-> get ID from URL and make a database query for the article alias).

In TagMeta I have some category-wide rules (example: s9.postimg.org/87m2111cv/Unbenannt.jpg). I could imagine something similar in ReDJ.

Let's assume the correct path "/children/12-tongue-twisters.html" (12 = article ID).

For a category-wide rule, I could imagine to ...
  1. put all IDs of the relevant articles manually into an array (-> special kind of the current placeholders?) OR alternatively: make a database query to get all article IDs where the category ID is xy
  2. add a placeholder with a category-specific regular expression like "/children/([0-9]{1,4})-([a-z-]+).html"
  3. and then have a supportad macro "IF": if ((the current article ID is in the ID array) AND ((the current path does not match the regexp) OR (the current article alias does not match the correct article alias))) {then redirect to "/children/ID-alias.html"}

What do you think? :side:
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by marcel555.

More
9 years 9 months ago #2793 by admin
I think conditional redirect is still something I have on top of my to-do list. I'm still searching for a clever and easy way to implement it, and a "conditional macro" could be a good idea. Something like:
d={ternary a,b,c} => d = (a == true) ? b : c

In addition I could add a "skip condition" (like the current skip for user groups).

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds