× Here you can get community support related to Tag Meta.

Site shows same title & description for all pages

More
8 years 9 months ago #4043 by rconn
Using Tag Meta Enterprise 1.7.7 & Joomla 3.4.1.

Not sure when this happened, but all of my website's pages are now showing the same title and description as the home page. Which isn't doing my Google rankings any good! :(

Everything looks OK in the plugin manager & tag meta configuration. The only thing that changed recently is the site was switched from http to https; I don't know if that could have affected tag meta.

Thanks for your help.

Rex Conn
jpsoft.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #4045 by admin
You got mail,
I need a dump of your Tag Meta rules table.

Regards,
Luigi

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #4171 by MirageTrailers
Replied by MirageTrailers on topic Site shows same title & description for all pages
I'm having the same problem. I left work on Friday with everything working fine. Each page had it's own unique title. Now, I am seeing the same exact title on every page. Help with this would be greatly appreciated.

website is www.miragetrailers.com using Joomla 2.5.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by MirageTrailers. Reason: added URL

More
8 years 8 months ago #4172 by MirageTrailers
Replied by MirageTrailers on topic Site shows same title & description for all pages
I've included a screen shot of my rules. The screen shot only includes the first few entries, but all are exactly the same as the ones displayed.
Attachments:

More
8 years 8 months ago #4174 by MirageTrailers
I have found the issue. Apparently, the 301 redirect I set up has removed the "index.php" from the URL of the website. So, I'll need to go through and remove the "index.php" from the URL's I set up in Tag Meta's rules. Tedious, but at least I've found out why I'm getting the same title on every page.

More
8 years 8 months ago #4175 by MirageTrailers
Another thing people might need to resolve this issue is a redirect in their .htaccess file to make sure URLs with the index.php within them all redirect to the root. Here's the code you need to enter in the file:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/index\.php/
RewriteRule ^index.php/(.*) /$1 [R,L]

Hope this helps everyone.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds