× Here you can get community support related to Tag Meta.

Setup Multi-language site

More
8 years 10 months ago #3977 by paco
Setup Multi-language site was created by paco
Dear Luigi.
Currently I am using your community edition, which seems to work. But I have 2 doubst.
Woking on a project where I use 5 languages
where "Spanish" is the default language
Every language as (only) 15 links for the entire site.
Now for spanish languade for the home page I use: this "^/$"

1. I have a main menu item called "room" and the subitems are: double room, triple room, etc. The metas for the sub items are not shown. It only shows the title and the metas for the main menu item "rooms" but the the titles and metas for the sub-items are not showing. Any idea as why this happens?

2. Once I finish spanish I will start with the other languages. Must the homepage for the other languages have also have this symbol? -> "^/$"
or should it be /en/, /fr/?

Hoping to hear from you.
Regards,
Paco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #3979 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Setup Multi-language site
Hi Paco,
maybe you are missing the most important thing about Tag Meta and how it works.

Both Tag Meta and ReDJ are URL based, this means each rule defines its URLs, because you can match one URL or many URLs thanks to regular expressions.

So the rule with ^/$ refers to a single URL, that is yourdomain/ and nothing more. The caret ^ means "start with" and the dollar $ means "end with". And this is the reason the rule works only on the homepage.

Probably you need just to create a main rule for each main language, so if you create a rule with ^/en this matches any URL like yourdomain/en/<any> and if you put this rule at the beginning (low ordering) and leave the flag "last rule" unchecked this rule will be applied for any URL, and if other rules will match they will be applied too (unless one of these rules has "last rule" set to true, then the process stops). So the "last rule" flag is really powerful, because it allows you to build "incremental" metadata for your pages...

Kind regards,
Luigi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds