× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

ReDJ not working properly- Redirects to home page

• Robyost
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #3825 by Robyost
Hello,

I tried searching the forum, but could not find this particular problem.

We are currently in the middle of transferring our domain from Wix to a Joomla site on Siteground.

Anyways, I have set up all the 301 redirects that we need.
Initially while building the site we had it hosted on a temporary domain. I tested our install of ReDJ then with a redirect on that domain. It worked correctly.

Now that we are in the process of transferring domains. I have changed the DNS A in Wix record to point to our new Joomla site while the domain gets transferred. However I have found that the 301 redirects are not working. Anytime I enter one of our old urls (calgarydashcam.com/#!our-guarantee/c174p) it takes you to our home page, and not the new page (calgarydashcam.com/resources/returns-warranty)

I have entered the following line into our .htaccess file (ErrorDocument 404 /). Our redirects 'request only' boxes are all unchecked, and I have tried checking them but that does not help.

Please help!
I want these 301 redirects working asap so we don't kill our SEO

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #3828 by admin
Hi,
can you post here or send me by email at info(at)selfget.com your rules? To help you I need to first understand how you have configured your redirection rules.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• Robyost
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #3835 by Robyost
Hi,

How do I export our redirect rules to send to you?

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #3837 by admin
You could make a simple screenshot, but it should be better to have a dump of the database table with rules _redj_redirects. In the latter case, maybe you prefer to send me an email at info(at)selfget.com.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by admin.

• Robyost
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #3842 by Robyost
Hi,

Sorry I do not know how to get a dump of the data base. So for now here is a screen show.

Currently our domain is only running on the None www. version. Until the full domain transfer happens. Please see highlighted text for redirect that is not working.

Please see screen shot at link below.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1E5VExoUtBpTTBDZzVXcW4tT0k/view?usp=sharing

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #3844 by admin
Maybe I have found the problem, and is common to more than a single rule.

You are creating rules which contain URL with #! inside (called hasbang or shabang). So these are related to an AJAX site:

developers.google.com/webmasters/ajax-crawling/

These are never passd to the server so the Joomla site (nd so ReDJ) will never receive these and your rule will never match.

And probably, not sure but you can check easily with browser dev tools, these are client only redirects (I mean, no request to server is made).

Kind regards,
Luigi
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by admin.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds