× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

Every day 50 errors withou referrer

More
9 years 3 months ago #3501 by atexo
First of all, thank you for this masterpiece of work. For me REDJ is one of the joomla must-have.

I struggle a bit with the error recording. As long as I see a referrer the problem is clear and can be handled via a redirect. However, REDJ records appr. 50 errors per day on my site. They are all without any referrer (blank field). I don’t know where the link calls may come from. Additionally I temporarily disabled REDJ and checked my site with a online link validator. Result: every link is proper.

As my site uses german vowels (ü,ä etc.), which are replaced with the html equivalent (ü=%C3%), it seems that some recorded “wrong” links become longer and longer every day because of this vowel replacement. Please see image.

Do you have any idea what might be the reason for this and how I can fix this issue?

Thanx in advance
Atexo

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #3503 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Every day 50 errors withou referrer
Hi Atexo,
first let me thank you for appreciation. B)

About the error trace, there's nothing strange if you find errors without referers,rather this is the normal condition. First you can check that alle these requests are real, just open your server's access log and check entries (filter by error and seach by timestamp), you will find the same requests.

Error trace feature was initially created to trace any strange request to site and have a simple panel to monitor these wrong requests easily. As example, there are a lot of bots / spiders that use common "patterns" to scan your site and search for flawed extensions, and you can find these requests.

Requests are logged as received by server so it is normal to have "encoded" chars (trace your browser requests and you will see this).

I suggest you to leave enabled and from time to time check for problems and urge the database. My way to check and fix is to sort by "hits" and fix the most requested errors.

As you can see from my image, the most requested pages comes without any referers, and if you see the URL structure you will easily understand they are searching for something (jce and a food.php script loaded in the images folder).

Kind regards,
Luigi
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by admin.

More
9 years 3 months ago #3506 by atexo
Replied by atexo on topic Every day 50 errors withou referrer
Hi Luigi,

thank you for your quick replay. So, no need to worry. I'll check the server entries as well. Not because i don't trust your statement. It's rather that i didn't know that entries and i'm corious about that :-) And again, it's really a helpful tool!

Thanx Atexo

More
9 years 3 months ago #3508 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Every day 50 errors withou referrer
U're welcome. :)

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds