× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

I'm pretty lost, please help

More
9 years 4 months ago #3377 by kaiba
I'm pretty lost, please help was created by kaiba
Hi, I want to be a website developer soon. I don't know code but I've got great tools to counter this huge flaw. I will be working with clients who already have non-joomla websites. I will be making brand new joomla website for them but I don't want their google rankings to go away. I read all the documentation but I'm finding it very hard to understand, it's well written but not for my limited knowledge.

My clients will have very small websites, like 10-15 pages, is their a way I could enter the entire old url and redirect it directly to my entire new url, without adding all this code?

Also, is their a timeline to do this? Let me explain, google must rescan every x days to create lists and rankings, do I have to implement this before they rescan the database or something :)

any help is very welcomed,

Have a great day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #3379 by admin
Replied by admin on topic I'm pretty lost, please help
Hi,
I am not sure I got your questions properly, so forgive me if I will go out of scope...

I guess you will install a joomla site to replace the existing site with 10-15 pages. After this, old pages will not be available yet, so you would like to manage them using ReDJ for redirections. If so, you could use a ReDJ feature really simple (you could first test on your development environment before to apply on a live site), that is the error redirection. Enable the error trace from the login, and for each error page registered (i.e. also any old page) you can set a new destination.

Kind regards,
Luigi
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds