× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

need redirect for special 404 error pages

• Cody88
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #3206 by Cody88
When a visitor comes to my site on the main menu is a link titled "Articles". When they click on the link a page comes up with a list of all the articles. I want the visitor to register "for free" before they are able to read the articles. So right now I have each article set to access "Registered".

Now if they are not registered and click on an article a 404 error page comes up. I want to change the message on that error page to something like "You must be registered to view this page" and then have a link to the registered page.

But I don't want this custom 404 error page to come up whenever there's any kind of problem within the site. So my question is can you use ReDJ to make a specific error page that only comes up when someone clicks on a page they're not supposed to access without being registered?

If the answer is no, is there anything else inside of Joomla! 3.2 to accomplish my goal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3208 by admin
Replied by admin on topic need redirect for special 404 error pages
Unfortunately no,
ReDJ just replace the default 404 error page.

If you set the menu item for registered this will not be showed to guest but I guess you want to show it and invite people to register. In this case i don't know any "native" way to do this. You should find a way to intercept the access control check, as example, with a plugin (don't know if something already exists).

Kind regards,
Luigi

More
9 years 5 months ago #3209 by admin
Replied by admin on topic need redirect for special 404 error pages
A long time ago I used a plugin to lock guest users based on URLs. I don't remember its name and was not able to find it on JED, but it should be not difficult to find or implement...

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds