× Here you can get community support related to ReDJ.

Redirect don't work at all

More
9 years 5 months ago #3213 by Gideon
Replied by Gideon on topic Redirect don't work at all
Thanks Luigi. Here's a screenshot of my rules table- you can see I have only one enabled. Can you spot anything I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3215 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Redirect don't work at all
Yes, at least one thing... :)
You have create a rule with full URL (including domain part) but you still have "Request only" set to true. Drop the domain part or uncheck the box... and let me know.

Kind regards,
Luigi

More
9 years 5 months ago #3217 by Gideon
Replied by Gideon on topic Redirect don't work at all
Great- thanks again! I'm getting closer, but still having trouble, I'm afraid. Unchecking "Request only" results in a 404 error when I open the 'From URL'. I also get a 404 if I leave "Request only" checked but remove the domain/scheme from the 'From URL'. This also happens when I leave "Request only" checked and removed domain/scheme from both URLs.

The most success I've had is if leave "Request only" checked and then remove the domain and scheme from ONLY 'To URL', (not the From), however it leaves the URL of the page unchanged when I had been expecting it to shorten. I've attached the updated screenshot here. I appreciate your work and thoughts!
Attachments:

• pj@jordan.de
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #3218 by pj@jordan.de
Replied by pj@jordan.de on topic Redirect don't work at all
Dear Luigi,
I almost tried all.
Joomla own redirect plugin disabled
Joomlas SEO friendly URLS disabled
.htaccess disabled
Only 2 rules to switch languages .. only works if only 1 rule is activated. As soon as 2nd rule activated page cannot be loaded!
Below the screen shots:
ReDJ cannot even handle the standard language change of joomla ????
Attachments:

More
9 years 5 months ago #3221 by admin
Hi Gideon,
looks like we're going to trials to find a solution, but it should not work so. There is always one (or more) solution for each problem. Please, paste here the text with the souce URL and the destination URL you need, and I will tell you exactly how to setup a working rule. Unfortunately I cannot see details from a screenshot.

Generally speaking,
a ReDJ rule should be composed as follow:

From URL=> a regular expression that can matches one or more URLs.
To URL => an ABSOLUTE URL which specify the target destionation to edirect to. It could include macros such {siteurl} to be dynamic.

More info here:
www.selfget.com/documentation/redj-joomla25/redirection-rule-features.html

Last thing,
you have the Enterprise version so 200 (internal redirect) works, but I want to suggest you to first test (always) a rule with a 301, then switch to 200.

Kind regards,
Luigi

More
9 years 5 months ago #3222 by admin
Hi PJ,
ReDJ can virtually handle any redirection because it works on URL basis.

Unfortunately I cannot check what happens when the rules are disabled, so if you need help to fix, send me a PM at info(at)selfget.com and we can check your settings together.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds